Vault of Glass No-HUD Screenshots (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:22 (3331 days ago)

So I've finally gotten the hang of capturing no-HUD screenshots on the PS4. I decided to post a few images I grabbed during our Vault of Glass run last night. Hope you like them!

http://destinyraider.net/2015/02/13/vault-of-glass-no-hud-screenshot-gallery/

[image]

OOOOH!!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:26 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

How'd you manage that?

Also, that's the perspective I was looking for… do you have one looking a bit to the left, too?

OOOOH!!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:30 (3331 days ago) @ Beorn

Did you click the link? I took 3 shots as I slowly turned from right to left. Hopefully I got the angles you need :)

As far as "how", the trick is to set the screenshot feature to "easy screenshot" which means you just tap the capture button to grab and image. Next, when you want to capture a no-HUD image, hit the pause/menu button. Then un-pause and immediately hit the capture button. When you leave the pause menu, there is a split second where the game is rendered but the HUD hasn't faded in yet. If you time it just right, you can snag a screenshot before the HUD has appeared :)

OOOOH!!

by TheeChaos @, Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:32 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I wish there was some way to do this. I enjoy watching/playing Games without HUD. That would be the real HM.. when there is no HUD, would definitely change things up a bit.

OOOOH!!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 13, 2015, 10:50 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Did you click the link? I took 3 shots as I slowly turned from right to left. Hopefully I got the angles you need :)

As far as "how", the trick is to set the screenshot feature to "easy screenshot" which means you just tap the capture button to grab and image. Next, when you want to capture a no-HUD image, hit the pause/menu button. Then un-pause and immediately hit the capture button. When you leave the pause menu, there is a split second where the game is rendered but the HUD hasn't faded in yet. If you time it just right, you can snag a screenshot before the HUD has appeared :)

Thanks! I will be doing this!

Now please, Bungie. Bring back a proper theater mode (in Destiny 2--hey, I'm realistic).

For now some method to turn off the hud would be nice.

I'm an idiot

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, February 13, 2015, 11:36 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Did you click the link?

No. I was too mesmerized by the screenshot and forgot to click the link. :-P They're perfect.

OOOOH!!

by Penthesilean, Friday, February 13, 2015, 13:45 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

And just like that, a simple ability I was never aware of before gets me excited to play endlessly all over again. I always noticed the brief lack of a HUD, and have been annoyed over the (perceived) inability to capture it.

Sweet pics, and thanks for the tip!

OOOOH!!

by petetheduck, Friday, February 13, 2015, 14:32 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

If you sit with your back to a wall, the camera will be forced up above you, completely hiding your character

incredible

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, February 13, 2015, 11:51 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Where are the top two from?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 13, 2015, 11:58 (3331 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Where are the top two from?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 13, 2015, 12:02 (3331 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

First one is at the top of the long jump down to the Gorgons' Labyrinth, 2nd one is from the start of the jump puzzle looking across the gap :)

How to take HUD-less screenshots *VID*

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, February 13, 2015, 17:17 (3330 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So I've finally gotten the hang of capturing no-HUD screenshots on the PS4. I decided to post a few images I grabbed during our Vault of Glass run last night. Hope you like them!

http://destinyraider.net/2015/02/13/vault-of-glass-no-hud-screenshot-gallery/

I made a quick tutorial for those who might still be confused...

And the final pic...
[image]

Nice!

by R41, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 04:23 (3330 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Does NOT work on Xbox

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 23:55 (3329 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Thought I'd try this on XBO tonight and just grab frames through my capture card, but no dice. On the Xbox, the UI starts appearing immediately when the scene starts fading in, so you never get an unobstructed frame. Bummer.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread