[Userstyle] DBO Forum Enhancer v1.0

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Thursday, March 21, 2013, 09:26 (4046 days ago)

After much work, DBO Forum Retro has been renamed DBO Forum Enhancer and released from beta.

It now consists of four main features, three of them new:

• Gives posts in both thread and single-post mode a compact, HBO-style coat of paint
  • Uses boldness to denote new/old threads, posts, and replies
  • Shrinks images to fit page width
  • Hides preview bubble for links to no-text posts

[image] [image] [image]

You can also now choose which features you want to install, and the code has been completely rewritten to make it easier to edit while keeping changes across modes in sync.

Go grab it, and tell me what you think!

Thanks and credit to all suggestions and other userstyles (particularly this one.)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, March 22, 2013, 16:04 (4045 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

I had Stylish check for updates and it said there was one, but after I clicked the button to update it I clicked the thing to check again and it said there was an update again. When I went to your link it said it was already installed. Everywhere in Stylish it still says "DBO Forum Retro BETA" and I don't see "DBO Forum Enhancer" anywhere in there, and it won't let me do anything with it on the page you linked to.

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Friday, March 22, 2013, 17:04 (4045 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Title changes are a real pain, but I had to do it. did you try uninstalling, restarting the browser, and then following the link? sorry, and thanks for your interest!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, April 07, 2013, 15:08 (4029 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

sorry to be so late about this... I uninstalled and reinstalled it and that worked, and I like what you've done, there's just one tiny thing... there's an extra space after everyone's username in the... whatever you call the top part of a post, for example "by Arithmomaniac , Friday, March 22, 2013, 20:04 @ General Vagueness"

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Monday, April 08, 2013, 11:03 (4028 days ago) @ General Vagueness

No problem! Having caring users for this style is more than I can say about some of my stuff *cough*

That little space isn't padding - it's a literal " " that's to the left of any email/homepage button. I can hide the images, but as the text is not wrapped in its own span element, I can't get rid of it :(

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread