CruelLEGACEY's Iron Banner Highlite Reel (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 05:29 (3346 days ago)

I've been saving clips of my favorite moments from the Iron Banner playlist over the past few days. Fun stuff in here:

It's funny, I've skipped the past couple Iron Banner events in Destiny. The PvP just doesn't click with me. But I really wanted to get my Titan to 32, and I needed the boots to do it. So I figured I'd give it a go this time, just long enough to rank up and buy the armor I needed.

Then on Wednesday night, I actually got boots from the raid. So I don't need to run IB anymore, but I'm actually enjoying so much that I just kept playing. I hit rank 4 already, and I'm determined to reach rank 5 and buy that Scout Rifle. If I have enough glimmer, I'm going to buy the boots and gloves as well, just so I can ditch some of this Crota armor. Overall, the Iron Banner has been a nice surprise this time around.

Cody, if you want to use any of these clips in your DBO Iron Banner montage, just let me know. I'll get you a version without the background music.

well done

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 10:25 (3346 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

The way that ended...

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 11:33 (3346 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

...is exactly why I don't use that striker option; that's what happens to me EVERY time. :)

The way that ended...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 12:57 (3346 days ago) @ Claude Errera

...is exactly why I don't use that striker option; that's what happens to me EVERY time. :)

Ha... It's surprisingly tricky to get a feel for using it. I kept falling short. I'm starting to get the hang of it now, though. You need to be a lot higher up than you'd think (which actually fits well with the Titan's vertical jump ability. When you do nail it... Oh, it's so satisfying :D

Way better than I can do....

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, February 22, 2015, 15:13 (3344 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ha... It's surprisingly tricky to get a feel for using it. I kept falling short. I'm starting to get the hang of it now, though. You need to be a lot higher up than you'd think (which actually fits well with the Titan's vertical jump ability. When you do nail it... Oh, it's so satisfying :D

Great montage. I tried using Death From Above, but I wasted/overshot every single slam. I don't know how you can peek around a corner and then avoid every single obstacle on the way over (like the slam on Twilight Gap's B...

Way better than I can do....

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 23, 2015, 08:16 (3344 days ago) @ Korny

I don't know how you can peek around a corner and then avoid every single obstacle on the way over (like the slam on Twilight Gap's B...

To be honest, I have no idea how I pulled that off either. I kinda just closed my eyes and whispered "thread the needle" to myself. When I opened my eyes, everyone was dead but me :)

I suck.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:20 (3345 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You are good.

I suck.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 21, 2015, 18:35 (3345 days ago) @ Funkmon

Ha, thanks but I've gotta say that video is a bit deceiving :)
I'm probably one of the most polar crucible players you'll meet. One game I'll be fantastic, next round I'll be worst in the match.

That's the great thing about a highlight montage; I don't let you see my low points :)

I suck.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Sunday, February 22, 2015, 08:22 (3345 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm not saying cruel isn't great, but a lot of those cuts happened with a red bar of health, and something close on radar…. :)

But everyone post more videos. It won't feel like weeks since I played.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread