Life on Mars in Destiny?

by Postmortem ⌂, AZ, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:10 (4061 days ago)

[image]

Or is that just meant to be symbolic for something else?

I know it's part of the ARG and should probably go on ABO... but this is telling us something about the Destiny universe.

Life on Mars in Destiny?

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:26 (4061 days ago) @ Postmortem

I took that passage to be describing Earth from a couple-billion years ago, but your idea of it describing the terraforming of Mars fits even better.

-- Steve likes this one and hopes it's a "keeper".

My Thoughts

by ExigentContact, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:27 (4061 days ago) @ Postmortem
edited by ExigentContact, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 09:42

Here's my speculation, ripped from my Tumblr:

"This is probably representing the planet Mars in some fashion. The geomantic figure used for Tuesday's code is “Puer” or “The Boy” in Latin. It’s typically associated with masculine emotions and states, such as war and aggression, as well as Aries and Mars. The body text itself to me indicates that Mars is currently undergoing some sort of life-giving/returning phenomena, natural or otherwise.

Rampant speculation: the days will be counting down major locations in Destiny’s universe. Yesterday we used the Luna symbol, the body text of which seemed to be an observation of humanity more than anything else. Today we read about Mars—it’s red, is noted for its large volcanoes, and frozen caps (if they were to be melted, they would form an ocean large enough to blanket its surface). Roses are also typically depicted as red, tying together an altogether crimson imagery.

Rampanter Speculation: Each of the locations spoken about will represent a faction of Destiny. We know that there are at least five of these groups; Dead Orbit, Future War Cult (FWC), New Monarchy, Osiris, and Seven Seraphs. I believe that of the groups, FWC or New Monarchy have the greatest chance of being the faction of Mars. FWC for its very warlike name (befitting the nomenclature of Mars and the geomantic symbol’s meaning), and New Monarchy for its…red color scheme. The label "new" could also fit with theme of rebirth. I also believe that we will be ending with Osiris, since it seems the symbol for the Sun is going to be used for the final day, as Osiris the god is rather tangled up with the Sun in Egyptian mythology, though that may be a fairly tenuous observation on my part.

If anyone cares to offer expansions, corrections, or observations on my speculation, feel free, of course."

Sounds like they're describing terraforming of some sort

by GrimBrother One, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:34 (4061 days ago) @ Postmortem

Sounds like it's going through a metamorphosis.

^ Exactly

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 11:54 (4061 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Sounds like it's going through a metamorphosis.

And apparently "you" (we?) are the ones doing the terraforming, too. Very intriguing, although I'm trying really hard not to read too much into it. :)

^ Exactly

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 16:25 (4061 days ago) @ Beorn

I'd like to see some other planets and moons involved. You know, really riff of some of the most current science out there. Titan? Massive stations at the Lagrange points of numerous worlds? The places we are currently dreaming of living.

^ Exactly

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 19:48 (4061 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I'm getting a pseudo-post-apocalyptic feel from the info we have, so if anything like that is implemented, I'd expect ghost stations.
Now that I think about it, having an abandoned station locked in a Lagrange point would be really cool. As would a derelict sky-bridge that used to be a shipyard.

^ Exactly

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 20:08 (4061 days ago) @ ZackDark

I got a peek at today's ARG unlock image, and it appears to be about Mercury losing oceans and an atmosphere, catastrophically.

-- Steve thinks there may indeed be ancient ruins to explore on other worlds in Destinyl.

Destinyl sounds like a pharma drug. *NM*

by spidersVise ⌂, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 20:17 (4061 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

-

Destinyl sounds like a pharma drug.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 07:43 (4061 days ago) @ spidersVise

Side effects include confusion, anxiety, excess salivation, sleep loss, hallucinations, delusions of grandeur, and ass-kicking. Ask your doctor if Destinyl is right for you.

-- Steve often finds American drug ads more amusing than the shows they interrupt.

Take a look at the LAWWWMANNNN

by Jillybean, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 12:36 (4061 days ago) @ Postmortem

*oblig*

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread