Relic Boot Camps on Saturday Evening! (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 02:55 (3321 days ago)

[image]Have you been running the Vault for months, but have never been able to wield the Relic because someone on your fireteam has "totally got this brah"? Ever been teleported by Atheon and play rock-paper-scissors to figure out who picks up the shield? Do you want to unlock the secrets of the Aegis and become the Zero Point Fox of your next Vault raid?

If so, this event is for you!! We're hosting a Relic: Aegis Boot Camp that will get your Vault of Glass in gear! You'll learn how the Aegis works, strategies for different fights, and best of all, you'll get to practice, practice, practice! We'll be working from checkpoints and dying a lot to ensure hands-on time with everyone's favorite fate-defying anomaly.

Relic Boot Camp: 360 Edition
Relic Boot Camp: XB1 Edition

We need students and probably a few teachers, so please note which you'll be in the Comments for your RSVP. I'll be either on the XB1 or the 360, depending on the response we get for each platform.

Don't be this guy, sign up today!

People...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 03:05 (3321 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

Count me in!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 03:17 (3321 days ago) @ Beorn

So, when's the sword boot camp?

-Disciple

Right now. Go play Sword of Crota. Press every button. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 03:19 (3321 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Right now. Go play Sword of Crota. Press every button. :)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 14:01 (3321 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I've done that, but I still had troubles with the timing -- the one time I was pushed into it as a 32 titan. If I'm ever going to run the sword I will need practice first.

We'll do a Sword one, too

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 16:26 (3321 days ago) @ dogcow

I've done that, but I still had troubles with the timing -- the one time I was pushed into it as a 32 titan. If I'm ever going to run the sword I will need practice first.

Figured that the Aegis is the most inaccessible of the two, so I started with that. We'll definitely do a Sword event as well in the future.

Relic Boot Camps on Saturday Evening!

by Up North 65 @, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 04:18 (3321 days ago) @ Beorn

Signed up, if more learners sign up I can drop out to make room. I was actually throwing this idea around in my head, get a couple checkpoints and just bring in people to learn.

SO. FREAKING. IN.

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 04:18 (3321 days ago) @ Beorn

That said, I'll only have two hours before I have to leave for work. It got crazy again on me. But I will juice every ounce of lesson that I can out of it!

by Up North 65 @, Friday, March 20, 2015, 16:24 (3318 days ago) @ Beorn

Hey so in tomorrow's relic teachings do you know which platfrorm you'll be on? If you are going to hop on the xthrone I have no problems spearheading the 369 crew. And also is the plan to get the Templar/gatekeepers//Atheon checkpoints on several characters and bounce around or run the whole thing?

Good Questions

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, March 20, 2015, 22:15 (3318 days ago) @ Up North 65

Hey so in tomorrow's relic teachings do you know which platfrorm you'll be on? If you are going to hop on the xthrone I have no problems spearheading the 369 crew. And also is the plan to get the Templar/gatekeepers//Atheon checkpoints on several characters and bounce around or run the whole thing?

Looks like we'll have a pretty good turnout for both platforms! I hadn't decided on which platform yet, but if you're willing to lead the 360 group, then maybe I'll lead the XB1 crew since I don't have another teacher over there. Some friends helped me get the Templar and Gatekeeper checkpoints earlier this week. I'll meet you 45 minutes early (at 5:45 Pacific) on the 360 and we can transfer the checkpoints over to your characters. We can run through the stuff I wanted to cover and maybe you have some good ideas for me, too. :)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, March 22, 2015, 14:55 (3316 days ago) @ Beorn

Thanks guys, that was enjoyable and informative.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread