GDC presentation slides

by kapowaz, Friday, March 29, 2013, 01:25 (4045 days ago)

A very comprehensive collection of slides can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/ksfWL

GDC presentation slides

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 29, 2013, 17:10 (4044 days ago) @ kapowaz

A very comprehensive collection of slides can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/ksfWL

Oh, man, I feel like I shouldn't have wasted my time. :( (I did this too, for a gallery here.)

random thoughts

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 03:31 (4043 days ago) @ kapowaz

[image]
Holy crap. Personalized ships and a hanger/stable. Sweet. The ship designs remind me of Macross/Robotech.

[image]
[image]
[image]
Hunters looking very post-apocalyptic. Titans looking very Halo. Warlocks looking like I don't know what...totally badass.

[image]
Good lord that's awesome.

[image]
I would have played that fantasy game. Swamp Thing on the right seems kind of familiar. Reminds me of something from Myth.

[image]
Sweet jesus. I would have been satisfied with any of these last-city-in-space concepts. I can't believe they went through hundreds. Love the 70s scifi and anime influence.

[image]
Okay, this is like STRAIGHT UP from Robotech.

[image]
Hello, Blade Runner. "Try Abdul Ben Hassan. He make this snake.”

[image]
Couple tiny in-game snapshots. Looks like a Titan with a rifle unequiped on his back. Robot guards of the City like the one from the Vidoc standing around. Monument on the left with two spheres, the earth and the Traveler?

[image]
Shiiiiiiiiit....that is badass. Gotta be the new spooky Eye of Horus race/faction/whatever.

[image]
METAL GEAR??? This giant mech and the blue RACE 2 robot both seem to have a giant cheese-grater welded to their backsides. I imagine these are Fallen hanging around with their pet spider robot tanks.

[image]
Vex, Fallen, Cabal, Hive, spooky Egyptian-inspired pyramid-ships-of-doom Eye of Horus race yet to be seen?

[image]
We have to go back, Kate! You know...to Earth, for supplies and stuff.

[image]
I've never needed a cape with a hood as much as I do now.

[image]
Pistols designs look heavily based on Chiappa Rhino and Mateba revolvers. The rocket launchers look seriously cool. I wonder how they'll work in-game. Severely restricted ammo supply, extremely long reload-time?

[image]
LOVE the Warlock designs. It's all about that future-trenchcoat.

[image]
Woof...compared to their imaginative concepts some of the character models that were on display here look pretty god-awful. The harsh white lighting and dull grey backgrounds really don't help. I'm glad we got a nice look, though. The concept art is drop-dead gorgeous. Can't wait for E3!

random thoughts

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 10:14 (4042 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

[image]
I would have played that fantasy game. Swamp Thing on the right seems kind of familiar. Reminds me of something from Myth.

What are Forest Giants?

The Fallen Lords for 400, Alex.

exactly!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 16:34 (4042 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

random thoughts

by zumphry ⌂ @, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 20:27 (4042 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

What are Forest Giants?

The Fallen Lords for 400, Alex.

I'm hoping that after Destiny finishes in 2024, and after Marathon Pfhor, Pfhive, and Styx end the second Marathon trilogy in 2034, Bungie'll go back to those fantasy designs to make World of Phoenix.

Dwarf heads flying across battles in Super HD Retina Ocular VR Resolution™!

random thoughts

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 19:04 (4042 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

[image]
Couple tiny in-game snapshots. Looks like a Titan with a rifle unequiped on his back. Robot guards of the City like the one from the Vidoc standing around. Monument on the left with two spheres, the earth and the Traveler?

That's not a Traveler/Earth monument, it's totally the Star Forge from KotOR.

[image]
Shiiiiiiiiit....that is badass. Gotta be the new spooky Eye of Horus race/faction/whatever.

I'm already absurdly curious about Destiny, but something about the look of those ships has me captivated...

Space Gandalf

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 21:00 (4042 days ago) @ kapowaz

[image]

I dunno. Gandalf. Like a space Gandalf. With a green wand like in Star Wars vrrrh!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread