Hooded Ponchos in Destiny

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, March 29, 2013, 12:51 (4044 days ago)

That's what these kinda look like to me.

Also, I kinda want one. Is that bad? /merchandise opportunity

[image]

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, March 29, 2013, 12:54 (4044 days ago) @ RC

Imagine crowds of Destiny fans gathering at a expo with these. It's look so cool and perhaps a wee bit cultic?

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, March 29, 2013, 13:51 (4044 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Imagine crowds of Destiny fans gathering at a expo with these. It's look so cool and perhaps a wee bit cultic?

One day in the far future, a group of cape-wearing Destiny nerds at a convention will lock eyes with a group of robe-wearing Star Wars nerds across the room. A Mexican standoff will ensue.

Clumsy blasters against Light Sabres? hmm...

by scarab @, Friday, March 29, 2013, 13:58 (4044 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Traveler Power versus The Force?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 29, 2013, 14:06 (4044 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

The Fallen Vs General Grievous

by scarab @, Friday, March 29, 2013, 14:09 (4044 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Exo VS C3PO?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:42 (4044 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Taun Taun vs Giant Toad Guy Thing?

by Avateur @, Friday, March 29, 2013, 19:16 (4044 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

by zumphry ⌂ @, Friday, March 29, 2013, 16:23 (4044 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

One day in the far future, a group of cape-wearing Destiny nerds at a convention will lock eyes with a group of robe-wearing Star Wars nerds across the room. A Mexican standoff will ensue.

Well, since Destiny looks like it's doing Star Wars better than Star Wars, we all know who'll win.

the people laughing at us in the youtube comments

by Wakko45, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 12:53 (4042 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

All part of Bungie's plans for World Domination.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, March 29, 2013, 13:00 (4044 days ago) @ RC

That's what these kinda look like to me.

Also, I kinda want one. Is that bad? /merchandise opportunity

Yeah, those cloaks are awesome. I totally want one IRL, but I have no idea what I'd do with it.

Scratch that, I know what I'd do! I'd sit on my couch and play Destiny while wearing it to keep warm (good bye old sweatshirt!). Can it be next year already?!

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:01 (4044 days ago) @ Beorn

Cosplay, dude. I'm already plotting how I'd assemble the additional gear to go with it.

I want a white and red maple leaf Gaurdian cape

by scarab @, Friday, March 29, 2013, 13:57 (4044 days ago) @ RC

Like the eponymous hero.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, March 29, 2013, 18:00 (4044 days ago) @ RC

I thought the exact same thing, actually. Bungie would be crazy to not market these things in their store. I'd buy one, to be sure, especially if they sold one that was reversible.

by Tawpgun, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 07:13 (4042 days ago) @ RC

The capes, robes, and hoods are one of the coolest designs for destiny's characters. My character is definitely rocking one.

I also wonder if there's going to be a bungie exclusive armor or robe like recon/flaming head.

I can haz wiskahs?

by zumphry ⌂ @, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 10:03 (4042 days ago) @ Tawpgun

I also wonder if there's going to be a bungie exclusive armor or robe like recon/flaming head.

They get to run around looking like Tiger Man.

Lucky bastards.

I can haz wiskahs?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 31, 2013, 11:28 (4042 days ago) @ zumphry

That would be both incredibly badass and absurdly sad.

I can haz wiskahs?

by zumphry ⌂ @, Sunday, March 31, 2013, 13:40 (4042 days ago) @ ZackDark

That would be both incredibly badass and absurdly sad.

What if it was like a sports mascot's costume, complete with T-Shirt launcher? Or is that getting into Dead Rising territory?

(RIP Tiger Man, may he join Phoenix in the great slingshot in the sky)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread