Changes coming to crucible (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 18:03 (3256 days ago)

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/destinys-pvp-mode-crucible-is-getting-an-overhaul

They're doubling the marks and rep reward plus increasing the post game rewards. Good stuff.

Also, The Dark Below maps will be free.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/destinys-dark-below-crucible-maps-will-soon-be-free

Even more* Changes coming to crucible

by Raflection, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 19:15 (3256 days ago) @ bluerunner

Glad to see us actually being rewarded for PvP with these increases, I'm happy about this :)

(Personally I dont like the DB maps, I've been glad they haven't been in the standard rotation)

Changes coming to crucible

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 19:22 (3256 days ago) @ bluerunner

Clearly must be because they want them in the normal rotation. But now seems like I am paying for timed exclusivity

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 19:31 (3256 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Eh, I'm with Cody that all multiplayer map DLC's should always be free for optimal game health in online play. You as an expansion pass purchaser should be glad to now play the maps in regular rotation I would think.

Also, as a Destiny player that hasn't been impressed with TDB enough to buy it, this is GREAT news for me!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 20:31 (3256 days ago) @ MacGyver10

Never said I didn't like it. I agree all Maps should be free, they always were on PC so the community would stay healthy. I understand it's hard with the amount of Art that needs to be done now.

But I just don't like the idea that I am paying for timed exclusive content, without that being clear. That makes the purchase a little bit less worth it to me. Would I still have bought it, probably, but I would have had to second guess it at least.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 21:21 (3256 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Never said I didn't like it. I agree all Maps should be free, they always were on PC so the community would stay healthy. I understand it's hard with the amount of Art that needs to be done now.

But I just don't like the idea that I am paying for timed exclusive content, without that being clear. That makes the purchase a little bit less worth it to me. Would I still have bought it, probably, but I would have had to second guess it at least.

Just out of curiosity... what do you think those three maps are worth, as a percentage of the complete TDB content?

(Remember: they're not making the Raid, any of the story missions, or any of the weapons/armor pieces/class items/etc free - just the three maps. How much should they be valued, in the context of the whole package?)

3 Halo maps = $10 = 50% ...?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 21:23 (3256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer for me.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:06 (3256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

My initial reaction was much the same as Chris. Then I thought "Wait. I don't care."

I didn't pay money for those new crucible maps, I paid for the raid and new story missions; the crucible maps were just a bonus. Crucible maps as a timed exclusive is totally okay with me since they're not available for custom games. If in 6 months they make the Crota raid free, and when Destiny 2 comes out they make all of them free, I'd also be all right with that. I'll definitely have gotten my money's worth out of it by then.

by FyreWulff, Friday, May 01, 2015, 00:38 (3255 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Clearly must be because they want them in the normal rotation. But now seems like I am paying for timed exclusivity

This is pretty much how Bungie did DLC for Halo 2, and WANTED to do it for Halo 3, before Don Mattrick changed things. The idea is that if you wanted the maps right now, you'd pay for them now, but eventually they would re-unify the playerbase and then you get to actually play the maps you paid for.

I understand if you disagree with it but IMO it's pretty pointless to buy DLC and then barely play it because it splits who can play with you.

It should be noted that there are benefits to owning the DLC during it's "paid period", like extra loot/points/etc. When they made DLC free before the benefits usually disappeared (no DEXP, or no Bungie Pro like if you bought Legendary before it's price reduction)

TDB maps being free

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 19:36 (3256 days ago) @ bluerunner

Is a good thing. Xenos and I were talking about this a week or so ago. Crucible needs as much variety as it can get. And making more play spaces available to everyone is a great thing! I hate how DLC packs tend to splinter multiplayer and this is a way to combat it. I'm hoping they continue to add gametypes to vanilla PVP for free (I'm ok paying for Trials) to keep things interesting. Destiny launched with a pretty weak PVP offering and it looks like Bungie is moving in the right direction to fix it.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:35 (3256 days ago) @ bluerunner

When discussing leveling your gear they also said that any progress will transfer over when ascending a piece of gear. For example if you have an exotic that is halfway leveled up you will not lose that progress, but you will have to complete leveling the armor or weapon at the new damage level.

I've been meaning to ask about that, I'm glad it was addressed.

I wonder why they didn't reveal this stuff on the Trials of Osiris stream (I mean, they revealed some of it, but not the maps going free or some other big things).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread