Let's Go To PAX

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 11:29 (4019 days ago)

Pax Prime tickets are on sale, hope to see you there!

Let's Go To PAX

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 12:57 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

My work's filter blocks it :( I already missed out on four day passes, hopefully I can get 3 days.

Let's Go To PAX

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:08 (4019 days ago) @ Xenos

If I can nail down tickets, I'll most likely be there Sat/Sun.

~M

Nevermind.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:53 (4019 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Let's Go To PAX

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:14 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

This is a nightmare. Hopefully I can get through this queue!

I got tickets! See you there!

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:02 (4019 days ago) @ katancik

- No text -

Let's Go To PAX

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:59 (4019 days ago) @ katancik

This is a nightmare. Hopefully I can get through this queue!

Literally said this at work. Finally have the money to support PAX visits, can't get tickets. I've only dreamed of nightmares that potent.

Let's Go To PAX

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 17:02 (4019 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Ouch. Hopefully it works out. This year was insane. I had twitter text notifications, got into the queue 12 mins after they went live, and had to wait 2.5 hours

Same

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 06:17 (4019 days ago) @ katancik

- No text -

In the QUEUE

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:30 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

Not even sure I can even go, but I'm in the queue while I consider my options. Been here for a while now... :)

In the QUEUE

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 13:44 (4019 days ago) @ Beorn

Not even sure I can even go, but I'm in the queue while I consider my options. Been here for a while now... :)

Yeah I am in queue on my phone, hopefully I get in before my shift ends!

The queue is a metaphor

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:57 (4019 days ago) @ Beorn

for hell.

came back from the bathroom at work to see that not only had badges went on sale, but 4 day badges were gone completely. Trying to look like I'm working while watching my hope fade away in the queue on both my phone and my laptop was one of the most nerve racking experiences in my life, right next to the 14 hour twitter binge for the Reach Beta early codes.

But, I came out victorious!

Posted this in HBO...

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:35 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

...but, I am re-posting here.

1) I am considering opening a section for HBO/DBO PAX Participants within Args.Bungie.Org, just like 2011. Anyone fine with this?

2) IF I get tickets (At this point, a VERY BIG IF), would anyone be willing to share their room? And at what cost?

Passes are selling out quickly...HURRY.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:42 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

4 Day Passes are gone, as are Saturday Passes. Friday and Sunday Passes are running out, but, hey, Monday passes seem to be in good supply for now! ... :\

I guess this is what happens to people who don't have a smartphone and/or sleep. Usually I would get a couple of extra 4 Day Passes (or 3 as it were) and see if there was a friend who couldn't get one in time. Oh well...

Pretty astounded to see these things sell even more quickly than they did last year, to say the least. It's times like these that I really love the scalpers who buy them out and sell them for quadruple the price on eBay. :)

Passes are selling out quickly...HURRY.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:44 (4019 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

4 Day Passes are gone, as are Saturday Passes. Friday and Sunday Passes are running out, but, hey, Monday passes seem to be in good supply for now! ... :\

I guess this is what happens to people who don't have a smartphone and/or sleep. Usually I would get a couple of extra 4 Day Passes (or 3 as it were) and see if there was a friend who couldn't get one in time. Oh well...

Pretty astounded to see these things sell even more quickly than they did last year, to say the least. It's times like these that I really love the scalpers who buy them out and sell them for quadruple the price on eBay. :)

*sigh* only Friday and Monday are left. If anyone ends up having extra passes, let me know. I don't want to drive up and pay for a hotel room for two days that are two days apart from each other...

They are the scum of the earth

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:54 (4019 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

- No text -

They's all gone they's is. :|

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:41 (4019 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Hashtags

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:09 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

I'd better start this early before I think of something stupid:

#DestiPAX
#PAXtiny
#GiveEmTheDBO

Hashtags

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:38 (4019 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I'd better start this early before I think of something stupid:

#DestiPAX
#PAXtiny
#GiveEmTheDBO

#PAXinations
#DaBOrg
#PAXimusPrime
#FuckItYOLO

Why can't you guys just come here?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 20:00 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

My other project will be leading me to a number of different conventions this summer (hopefully), so I can't afford a PAX trip this year. Two-in a row was pretty amazing! And while I love Seattle and I'll miss all my internet friends, me and Maddie need to take a few vacations NOT there, hah. (We've gone four times since college. Now we need to go other directions and cross some waters.)

Next time we DO make it to Seattle though, we're staying. :)

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 20:48 (4019 days ago) @ Leviathan

Awwww, YEAH!

We'll have to climb Rainier to commemorate this event. The mandatory bear rasslin' ceremony can be postponed until after our inevitable hospital visit, but I'd recommend doing it on the way up the mountain, as per ancient tradition.

Rainier?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 21:03 (4019 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

Awwww, YEAH!

We'll have to climb Rainier to commemorate this event. The mandatory bear rasslin' ceremony can be postponed until after our inevitable hospital visit, but I'd recommend doing it on the way up the mountain, as per ancient tradition.

Count me in! I'd love to help welcome Levi to the area with some good ol' mountain climbing..

Rainier?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 21:44 (4019 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Awwww, YEAH!

Count me in! I'd love to help welcome Levi to the area with some good ol' mountain climbing..

We got pretty close the first time we visited.

[image]

It would be fitting to climb it for my lasting return!

Rainier?

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 22:28 (4019 days ago) @ Leviathan

Rainier is beautiful any time of the year. Last mountain I faced on that side was Pilchuck. Need to get back over there soon.

I want to see mountains again Gandalf!

Rainier?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 22:44 (4019 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

You're killing me man. I love it!

Rainier?

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 23:43 (4019 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Yes, he can come too.

Rainier?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:18 (4018 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

That is something I have said many times since then. :)

When I first got out of the car back in Missouri from our road trip to the Northwest, I looked around incredulously and said, "What the $#@$%?? Why are we all living out here!!?! There's a place over there with mountains and seas in every direction and trees that are always green! What were we thinking???"

Rainier?

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 18:19 (4018 days ago) @ Leviathan

The Great Green Pacific Northwest, she casts her spell on us all!

Corn sucks

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 18:45 (4018 days ago) @ Leviathan

I was in Nebraska for 4 months a couple years ago. Having grown up in the Beautiful Green Northwest, greenery and mountain deprivation suits me about as well as open air suits a fish.

Corn shucks? :}

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 20:28 (4018 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

Get psyched, it's happening.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 23:49 (4019 days ago) @ Leviathan

Awwww, YEAH!

We got pretty close the first time we visited.

[image]

It would be fitting to climb it for my lasting return!

From a Seattle PI article...

"Considered an active volcano, Mount Rainier is a dynamic mass of earth and elements that generates its own weather, kills people almost every year and swallows entire airplanes and helicopters -- over the decades several have been left on its shoulders to disappear. That's why the mountain is sprinkled with place names like Cadaver Gap and Disappointment Cleaver."

Perfect.

To add to this...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, April 19, 2013, 17:14 (4017 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

"Considered an active volcano"

Here's Rainier as viewed from Queen Anne Hill in Seattle.

[image]

That little guy I circled is called Little Tahoma. He's a volcanic remnant. Long ago, he was part of the mountain, and now exists as a separate peak thanks to an eruption. The reason we don't see a regular old crater there is that the mountain's volcanic activity has reconstructed the mountain into a more normal mountain shape (albeit blunted thanks to the whole "I erupt sometimes" thing).

Look at the picture.

I'm going to go ahead and let that sink in.

Get psyched, it's happening.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 12:14 (4016 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

"Considered an active volcano, Mount Rainier is a dynamic mass of earth and elements that generates its own weather, kills people almost every year and swallows entire airplanes and helicopters -- over the decades several have been left on its shoulders to disappear. That's why the mountain is sprinkled with place names like Cadaver Gap and Disappointment Cleaver."

Perfect.

Certainty of death. *Small* chance of success....what are we waiting for?

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 23:30 (4019 days ago) @ Leviathan

:)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 12:18 (4018 days ago) @ Leviathan

Maine is a lovely place. Just saying.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:12 (4018 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Maine is a lovely place. Just saying.

I think that might be a direction we're heading next. I want to go visit old New England towns, rent a room at an old inn and read some Lovecraft...

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, April 19, 2013, 08:32 (4017 days ago) @ Leviathan

If you do, I'd love to host yah. Wifey and I know a few cool places, so far.

I agree. Missouri meetup!

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 11:03 (4016 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

eBay has lots of passes left...

by bryan newman @, Kentucky, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 21:53 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

But they are expensive!

Well that was a surprise... I am going!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 01:25 (4019 days ago) @ biggy

Through ridiculous good luck and a great acquaintance, it looks like I will be going to PAX Prime! So if anyone would like to split a hotel room or anything, it would be much appreciated. If you don't trust me, I can provide character references :-D

Let's Go To PAX

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 19:35 (4018 days ago) @ biggy

I bought a couple of passes. Haven't really enjoyed PAX the two times I've gone but it had its moments, so hopefully this year is better. Still, feel free to send me a message if you want first dibs if I decide to sell them.

I'm in.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 19:37 (4018 days ago) @ biggy

Yesterday it didn't look like it, but today I'm in.

Welcome aboard Kermy

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 21:14 (4018 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Me too!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 21:41 (4018 days ago) @ Kermit

Yesterday it didn't look like it, but today I'm in.

Awesome! I was only able to nab a Monday ticket, but I'll most likely be in town all weekend.

I'm in.

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, April 19, 2013, 02:44 (4018 days ago) @ Kermit

:)

Crap.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, May 11, 2013, 09:15 (3995 days ago) @ Kermit

My Saturday pass is AWOL. It was the one I bought from ebay. When and if the next drop comes, someone text me!

Let's Go To PAX

by FyreWulff, Friday, April 19, 2013, 00:16 (4018 days ago) @ biggy

Couldn't get passes. At this point, it looks like I might go to PAXdev, but that wouldn't line up with ANY DBO meetups. They need to fix their ticket system.

Have fun everyone!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, April 19, 2013, 07:42 (4017 days ago) @ biggy

Sadly I cannot attend. But I look forward to seeing all the write-ups and living vicariously through y'all!

No PAX for me this year

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 11:02 (4016 days ago) @ biggy

I had fun meeting everyone last year, though. Hopefully next year I can make it happen again!

Let's Go To PAX

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 12:20 (4016 days ago) @ biggy

So, from what I gathered from posts here and on HBO, at least the following community members are going:

katancik
MrPadraig08
Xenos
Grizzlei
Kermit
Beorn
Schooly D
Lionheart
Tex

Also, Chewbaccwakka and I were brainstorming about it, and we might (work and life permitting) make a road trip out to Seattle for PAX weekend just to hang out with community members and chill in Seattle. It's only a 5ish hour drive from Spokane, and meeting and hanging out with you guys would be totally worth it and a blast!

Let's Go To PAX

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 12:31 (4016 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Also, Chewbaccwakka and I were brainstorming about it, and we might (work and life permitting) make a road trip out to Seattle for PAX weekend just to hang out with community members and chill in Seattle. It's only a 5ish hour drive from Spokane, and meeting and hanging out with you guys would be totally worth it and a blast!

Do it! I'll be organizing a number of DBO meetups/excursions/rally points during PAX, most of which will not require an actual PAX badge. :)

Let's Go To PAX

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 20:15 (4016 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Do it! I'll be organizing a number of DBO meetups/excursions/rally points during PAX, most of which will not require an actual PAX badge. :)

Not only that, you can crash on my hotel room floor for a night if you two need to. ;)

Let's Go To PAX

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Monday, April 22, 2013, 19:40 (4014 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Looking forward to it!

Let's Go To PAX

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 21:16 (4016 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I live in Seattle, and I think I'm taking my little cousin - I'll be there :D

I'll Be There.

by GrimBrother One, Saturday, April 20, 2013, 15:00 (4016 days ago) @ biggy

- No text -

:-)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 23, 2013, 17:19 (4013 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

- No text -

The feeling is mutual, my friend ;-)

by GrimBrother One, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 11:55 (4001 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread