social area camera (forced 3rd person?)

by Jabberwok, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 09:11 (4024 days ago)

This is a small thing that may have been mentioned, but after reading Joe's recent interview, I'm hoping that we will be allowed to switch the camera type, and not forced to use 3rd person in certain 'social areas.' I would probably use 3rd too, but I'm hoping I will be able to sort of maintain the level of immersion by staying in first when I want to, even in public spaces.

In general, I think maintaining a sense of continuity between spaces is important to me, so I don't feel like I'm changing to a different game mode in some areas. And so far, their world seems like something that I want to be able to view in 1st person in any location.

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 09:16 (4024 days ago) @ Jabberwok

I'm not sure, if the city is the ONLY place for 3rd person, I would kinda like it. It's like 'hey, you're home. dont even unholster your weapon cuz its all good'

by FyreWulff, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 15:43 (4024 days ago) @ Jabberwok

I like the idea of it. It instantly communicates that it's a non-violent / non-action area. It's where you show yourself off, so it makes sense to pop it out to third person.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 18, 2013, 16:23 (4024 days ago) @ FyreWulff

I like it too. It also helps in making the "space magic" unavailable while not messing around with our HUD, since 3rd-person could easily vanish the HUD without losing much immersion.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:00 (4024 days ago) @ Jabberwok

I'm not sure why, but I get the feeling that our time in the city will feel similiar to Assassin's Creed, sans the running around and assassinating part. Regardless, I kinda like the idea, and Bungie's reasoning behind it actually makes a lot of sense to me.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:15 (4024 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I'm not sure why, but I get the feeling that our time in the city will feel similiar to Assassin's Creed, sans the running around and assassinating part.

So, hmmm, not like Assassin's Creed at all?

Yes, yes exactly

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 18:38 (4023 days ago) @ ZackDark

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 20:24 (4006 days ago) @ Jabberwok

This is a small thing that may have been mentioned, but after reading Joe's recent interview, I'm hoping that we will be allowed to switch the camera type, and not forced to use 3rd person in certain 'social areas.' I would probably use 3rd too, but I'm hoping I will be able to sort of maintain the level of immersion by staying in first when I want to, even in public spaces.

In general, I think maintaining a sense of continuity between spaces is important to me, so I don't feel like I'm changing to a different game mode in some areas. And so far, their world seems like something that I want to be able to view in 1st person in any location.

I agree, I really, really want a first-person option if it's not going to be consistently first-person.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread