Need 2-3 people for VoG at 8:30 central (XBone) (Recruitment)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 29, 2015, 22:03 (3226 days ago)

I'm trying to help a few IRL friends put together a raid tonight. One of the crew has never done a Destiny raid. There will be 2-3 non-DBO people plus myself, so we'll need 2 people for sure, possibly 3. Unfortunately it's too short of notice to post a FTB event.

It's possible we might run hard mode if the newbie doesn't mind, but I don't know yet and I don't want to overpromise. ;)

Also, we may run Crota afterward if time allows.

Message stabbim on XBL if you can help!

I Can.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, May 29, 2015, 22:11 (3226 days ago) @ stabbim

;_; It not like anyone was signing up for my event anyway. Again.

I Can.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, May 29, 2015, 22:20 (3226 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I may or may not be on. depends on if I get home in time. Both my characters have been given the gorgon chest but other then that I haven't run anything VoG. one of them has run crota but I forget which.

In!

by Lawnmower172, Friday, May 29, 2015, 23:05 (3226 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Thanks to those who helped

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, May 30, 2015, 16:51 (3225 days ago) @ stabbim

One person from my IRL group was new to VoG entirely, and the other two hadn't played since before Atheon's baby bumpers were installed (though they did play a lot before that - both of them have VoC, which I don't - LOL). All 3 were new to Crota. Thanks to INSANEdrive and WildThingVII, we made it through both raids.

VoG went well. I forget how much trouble the jumping puzzle can be for people who are new to it. Most of the rest of the raid you can backpack people through, but not that. Oddly enough, I had more trouble on that part than I've ever had before. Just by random chance, I kept hitting the pedestals at odd angles and shooting off the sides.

This was actually the first time I had run VoG since obtaining raid primaries (I never used to raid much, so I only got them recently). They are NOT kidding about the bonus damage to Oracles on those things. I can't believe how easy it is to destroy them with Praedyth's Timepiece, compared to other weapons I've used in the past.

Crota was pretty smooth. We made it through the abyss the first time despite being broken up into 2-3 separate wandering groups. It was pretty comical trudging through the whole thing at a snail's pace. :P

I didn't get any boots from this run, so I'll probably be putting together another group soon.

I got nothing but shards... IN BOTH OF THEM >_<

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, May 30, 2015, 17:38 (3225 days ago) @ stabbim

Well... I guess that is not entirely true. I did get an exotic. Can you guess what it is? Hint: Xur is selling it this week.

It got sharded.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread