DBO Podcast: Starside Lounge, Episode 3! (DBO)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 29, 2015, 01:50 (3218 days ago)

Woah, wait, what is this?! The DBO Starside Lounge podcast is back?!

Damn straight! For Episode 3, I'm joined by Claude, Mastrbiggy, Xenos, and Leviathan as we talk about Destiny: The Taken King, distill some details from the E3 show floor, pontificate about pricing, and wax whimsical about our Destiny wishes. Sit back and relax in the Starside Lounge!

If people like the podcast, we’d like to continue doing it, so sound off with your thoughts and suggestions! We’re thinking that it makes sense to be on a once or twice monthly schedule, and probably around 45 minutes to an hour running time.

DBO has a podcast?!? Why am I only hearing about this now?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, June 29, 2015, 02:13 (3218 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Because our previous episode was almost two years ago…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 29, 2015, 02:15 (3218 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

My guardian wasn't even born yet!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, June 29, 2015, 02:25 (3218 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Well there goes my free time.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, June 29, 2015, 02:32 (3218 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

My guardian wasn't even revived from death yet!

by Raflection, Monday, June 29, 2015, 06:49 (3217 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Podcast illustration: "It'll Give You Wings!" *IMG*

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 29, 2015, 02:51 (3218 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

I want this on a T-shirt :)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, June 29, 2015, 13:57 (3217 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

+1

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:52 (3217 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Also: you butchered it, Beorn!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 29, 2015, 02:57 (3218 days ago) @ Beorn

There must be at least a half hour of awkward silences on your cutting room floor! Great job!

Yup *img*

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 29, 2015, 12:03 (3217 days ago) @ Leviathan

[image]

Generic Ghost Dialogue Is Already In-Game...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 29, 2015, 04:50 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

To address Levi's thought about using generic Ghost dialogue... they already do that! Well... they do if you bought the Ghost Edition... and flip your Ghost's switch to stage two...

*Waves hand in front of Ghost*

This... place... is... amazing...

Not to overstate it, but the survival of Humanity sorta depends on this...

Grab everything that isn't bolted down. I'll keep an eye out for Fallen.

Ok... You're going to need some higher level gear. And some pants. You're definitely going to need some pants.

Fascinating, this place is littered with pre-Golden Age artifacts.

Etc... :)

Also, there's still a DBO vs Bungie interview coming?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 29, 2015, 04:55 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Yes.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 29, 2015, 05:51 (3217 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Since Paddy's not the one editing it...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, June 29, 2015, 13:30 (3217 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It may actually come out someday...

Dare ye defy my art!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:10 (3216 days ago) @ Korny

RSS feed?

by Funkmon @, Monday, June 29, 2015, 07:01 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

could anyone point me towards the RSS feed?

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Monday, June 29, 2015, 07:46 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

I would like to download it to my windows phone.

Seconded.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, June 29, 2015, 09:00 (3217 days ago) @ The Woaf

- No text -

Generic RSS feed here

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 29, 2015, 12:55 (3217 days ago) @ The Woaf

I believe this is what you're lookin' for:

http://destiny.bungie.org/rss/starsidelounge.xml

(I added that link to the Starside Lounge index page as well)

iTunes or bust. :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 29, 2015, 13:47 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

thanks! I'm excited to listen! love a good podcast.

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Monday, June 29, 2015, 15:11 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Subscribed. Thanks!

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, June 29, 2015, 15:13 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

DBO Podcast: Starside Lounge, Episode 3!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:01 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Kermit, Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:25

Great job! There may be slicker podcasts, but many of those seem to be done by aspiring voice actor dude bros striving too hard to have a personality and say a funny. I love you guys just the way you are, pauses and all. :)

Highlights for me was hearing those of you who got to play talking about your experience--especially Colin and what he had to say about the campaign.

I had the thought during Xenos' comments about pricing that it's fitting that Gamestop may have financed physical stuff we don't need in that they are a physical store we don't need. I think they would have been better off had they stressed the limited availability of the non-digital Collector's Edition a bit more--while supplies last, that sort of thing. Treating the geegaws as perks for early buyers might have made the price scheme seem less strange.

Levi's comments were always engaging--I share some of his claustrophobia re: the new location and his enthusiasm for the new art assets. Also not a fan of Walmart's skybox. Levi made me laugh out loud several times.

You did a good job hosting, Beorn--thanks for restarting the podcast.

There was some other guy mumbling some stuff at the beginning. It picked up after he left.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the fairness with which you treated some controversial aspects of Destiny's business model. I think all of you chimed in about the cost of development, and that's something that's notably off the radar for so many people. It's unrealistic for us to continue to expect more for less.

Look forward to the next installment.

Kermit

Excellent job guys!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:26 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

I really enjoyed the listen. It was good to hear your opinions, rather than simply reading them on the forum. It was also nice to get some first hand info on the new Taken King stuff, not just watching some rando on a YouTube channel.

How about if you guys had some specific segments in the show? I sometimes listen to the Guardian Radio, and they break down the show into little bites. Like the audio grimoire section, (not that I'm suggesting that you do audio grimoire, and not that I'm not suggesting that either :).

For example. What if you had a DBO member segment that featured a live member for about 5 to 10 minutes? Get basic Bio info about them, ask their opinions about stuff, maybe have them bring a unique game tweak of their own to discuss? I just think it would be cool to hear from more of us.

Maybe you could pick a Forum Topic of the month to discuss? Something that was a hot button issue or particularly funny story.

How about a Trials/PvP specific segment? Maybe talk about the past few maps played in trials, discuss some strategies. Have Zero on as a guest to share his skills. It made me smile when Xenos (I think) mentioned how good he is. I play with him a bit, and he's very humble about it. I'd also like to hear from some of the PS4 guys too. Cody and Cruel seem to be awesome at it too.

Ask an Admin. A section where you have listeners submit random questions to be answered by the admin team.

I think anything that 1. Involves the community, and 2. helps you guys generate content blocks more efficiently would be good for all of us. I think it would garner even more interest, and allow for perhaps an easier time to put together a show on a monthly basis. Also, I don't really have great multimedia skills, but I'd be glad to help in anyway, if it helps y'all out.

Appreciate the work!

Excellent job guys!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:30 (3217 days ago) @ red robber

For example. What if you had a DBO member segment that featured a live member for about 5 to 10 minutes? Get basic Bio info about them, ask their opinions about stuff, maybe have them bring a unique game tweak of their own to discuss? I just think it would be cool to hear from more of us.

Boo hiss! Five or ten minutes? I want to be on for the whole show!

EDIT: Just teasing. dboTV featured guest co-hosts. dbo-what you say?

I miss that smooth velvet hair...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 29, 2015, 14:51 (3217 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I miss that smooth velvet hair...

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 02:06 (3215 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

Definitely!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 29, 2015, 15:09 (3217 days ago) @ red robber

Great feedback, thanks. Yes, after the recording, I was actually thinking about some "regular segments" that we could integrate into the show, so you definitely gave us some food for thought. :)

I cut it for the actual show, but at one point we joked that we'd have a "cage match" segment where people who were on opposite sides of a particularly heated thread could just have it out on the podcast and yell at each other. Needless to say, I don't think that one will fly. ;-)

I'd actually pay for those

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:41 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Pay-per-View with Variks commentary?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:48 (3217 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Two come in. Only ONE... comes out, yyyyeeeessssss?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 29, 2015, 23:55 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

Shut up and take my money!

Two come in. Only ONE... comes out, yyyyeeeessssss?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 00:15 (3217 days ago) @ ZackDark

I saw a movie with this title once.....

Yeah... I don't think we wanna make that kind of movie.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 02:04 (3217 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Oh dear God, please no no no no.......

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:33 (3216 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Very entertaining.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, June 29, 2015, 16:40 (3217 days ago) @ Beorn

Good job, gold stars for everybody.

Really really enjoyed this. More please!!!

by The Woaf, Portsmouth, UK, Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 07:21 (3216 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread