Trials at high noon today. (Recruitment)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:31 (3178 days ago)

I may be able to play some Destiny today around noon to 3pm. If any Xboners are interested and you see me online, send me an invite.

I may be able to do so as well. You're central, yes?

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 10:32 (3178 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Oui.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 11:31 (3178 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

I'm in!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, July 17, 2015, 11:33 (3178 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Sweet!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 11:36 (3178 days ago) @ Beorn

I just mowed the yard, now to finish the other chores.

Trials at high noon today. Looks like we need 1 more.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 14:48 (3178 days ago) @ red robber

Funkmonz can't make it :( Who's stepping up?

Trials at high noon today. Looks like we need 1 more.

by squidnh3, Friday, July 17, 2015, 16:30 (3178 days ago) @ red robber

I'll be looking to play sometime tonight. Will you guys still be on?

Probably not.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 17:06 (3178 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Sorry. Storms going through area: borked stuff.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 17:08 (3178 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Can't now, but later

by WildthingVII, Friday, July 17, 2015, 16:39 (3178 days ago) @ red robber

I'm at work during the day. I'll be around hoping to do some trials this evening though.

I'm up for sunday

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, July 17, 2015, 18:15 (3178 days ago) @ red robber

I'm up for anytime during the day sunday. I plan on taking my xbox to my brother in law's, so i hopefully don't get any loses due to crappy internet.

I'm up for sunday

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 17, 2015, 18:31 (3177 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I'm up for anytime during the day sunday. I plan on taking my xbox to my brother in law's, so i hopefully don't get any loses due to crappy internet.

I'm up for it on Sunday as well.

I'm up for sunday

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, July 17, 2015, 19:15 (3177 days ago) @ Xenos

cool, if you are running behind, i'll work on bounties. i figured getting an early start on sunday would mean that all the good players are still in bed. might give us a better chance. ;)

I'm up for sunday

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 17, 2015, 19:49 (3177 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

cool, if you are running behind, i'll work on bounties. i figured getting an early start on sunday would mean that all the good players are still in bed. might give us a better chance. ;)

Should be fine, I'll make sure to be up by then, but I'm not a morning person so I may go slowly :)

Anyone on the XBO up for it now/tonight?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 17, 2015, 20:34 (3177 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

No luck today.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 22:03 (3177 days ago) @ red robber

Sorry we couldn't make it Beorn. I think the fact that we were based in Seattle, Boston, and Baton Rouge may have affected our connection quality. We did have some strange lag issues. Beorn kept shooting guys while their health was going up, but not because they had killed one of us with Red Death. I've never heard that complaint before.

We'll get there next time though :)

Just curious...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, July 17, 2015, 22:23 (3177 days ago) @ red robber

What kind of connection speeds do you guys have? I only ask because I hear lots of Xbox players complain about game-breaking lag issues on a regular basis, while the PS4 crew has very few problems. We'll have players in California, British Columbia, Colorado, Southern Ontario, and North Carolina all partied up together with no problems. I've played a fair bit with a few friends in England, with no problems there either.

Kirby mentioned that he's been having way more connection issues on Xbox One than he ever does on PS4.

I hardly every use my Xbox anymore, so I don't have a good sense of the service lately, but I'm wondering if Live has generally slipped in service quality? Or perhaps Destiny in particular has some extra trouble on Xbox Live, for whatever reason.

Just curious, that's all :)

Just curious...

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 17, 2015, 22:58 (3177 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Cable 20M down/3M up. Ping is usually between 25 to 50ms. NAT is open. Packet loss is normally 0 to 1%. Unfortunately its a wireless connection because its not feasible to run cables across the house.

I don't have a PS but it sounds like PSN is working better with Destiny. I don't know how others on the 360 do compared to us Xboners. Also, I only play Destiny and MCC online and I've had issues with both. But they are both kinda laggy/have some netcode issues. I do know that MCC has never caused me to lose my connection to LIVE. I've had times where I had to either restart my box or go through the options menu and disconnect from the wireless and then reenter my wifi password just to get back online. I thought maybe my wireless card in my bone was going out, but others have experienced with Destiny.

Sidenote: we do have multiple bones on the same network which can cause some error codes according to Bnet help.

Sidenote 2: I rarely get error codes when running wired on my parents cable internet with 2.5Mdown/700kUP 50-100ms ping. But I can really tell a difference in lag with anything larger than 3v3 play. IB is horrible.

Don’t think it was the connection…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, July 18, 2015, 04:05 (3177 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Comcast. Everything is wired, zero packet loss (I keep an eye on this :-P).

[image]

The health regen thing was so weird; I think I saw it three or four times. I suppose they could have been using Red Death or Suros and I just didn’t notice at the time, but it’s frustrating to ping someone with MIDA and watch the bar go the wrong direction!

By far our worst problems were with Red getting dropped. We ended up with a handful of guaranteed losses because of networking trouble. :(

Your connection doesn't mean squat if theirs is awful

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, July 18, 2015, 04:50 (3177 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread