I got excited and bought a book at the thrift store. *IMG*

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 10:35 (3963 days ago)

I wonder why?

[image]

(It also helped that there were some good authors in it and the cover art was pretty cool.)

But man, Bungie really needs to redesign their logo after that seeing that beauty up there.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:24 (3963 days ago) @ Leviathan

Which stories were inside?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 12:22 (3963 days ago) @ Ragashingo

"Frogs and Scientists" - Frank Herbet
"But We Try Not to Act Like It" - Orson Scott Card
"Liquid Assets" - Dean Ing
"Skystalk" - Charles Sheffield
"Some Events At the Templar Radiant" - Fred Saberhagen

SPECULATIVE FACT SECTION

"How to Build a Beanstalk" - Charles Sheffield
"Science Fiction and Science" - Poul Anderson
"Vehicles for Future Wars" - Dean Ing

... and more. It's a pocket novel anthology, not a magazine-style, so it's quite thick.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 13:06 (3963 days ago) @ Leviathan

Some good authors in there, I love reading anthologies. Awesome find!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 18:59 (3963 days ago) @ Leviathan

That Orson Scott Card piece is good. Haven't read the others. Despite his general douchey attitude, Orson Scott Card is a great author. The Ender novels are good, of course, but even more, I like his short stories. I have his collection of stories, Maps in a Mirror, and its a great read. I've read it cover to cover quite a few times, and still pick it up every now and then and read a random story or two.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 12:44 (3963 days ago) @ Leviathan

Gosh... it's so beautiful! :o

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 16:47 (3963 days ago) @ Leviathan

I wonder why?

[image]

(It also helped that there were some good authors in it and the cover art was pretty cool.)

But man, Bungie really needs to redesign their logo after that seeing that beauty up there.

Hahaha...with a logo like that I feel like Marty would have to grow back his sweet-ass mullet and pull off some kind of italo disco collaboration with Giorgio Moroder. Maybe Kraftwerk and the BeeGees can join in. The 70s...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread