IGN: Hopes for Destiny on PC and Cross Platform Saves

by Ser Jergen, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 15:15 (3989 days ago)

Sounds cool

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 15:25 (3989 days ago) @ Ser Jergen

So, if this happens, I could start my Destiny character out on my 360, and when I finally get a next-gen console, just transfer my character over to the new console thanks to Bungie's back-end-techno-magic. This excites me!

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Friday, May 24, 2013, 03:24 (3988 days ago) @ Ser Jergen

I hope they will figure it out. If cross-saving is possible, I'll get three copies of Destiny: Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360. The launch of next-gen is going to split apart my former Halo friends into these three categories. I do not want to miss out any fun with them. Yes. Getting all three console version!

Just like Pokemon!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, May 24, 2013, 05:02 (3988 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

You could get special loot that is only available in a certain flavor of Destiny and still use it on your character on the other platforms! ;D

Just like Pokemon!

by electricpirate @, Friday, May 24, 2013, 12:26 (3988 days ago) @ JDQuackers

That reminded me of PSO, where a character had certain items that others couldn't find based on something really random. That way forced you to trade and work with other people.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 31, 2013, 14:51 (3981 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

Oh it should be possible. Presumably, Bungie's servers would already be aware of all the necessary data - your character name, equipped gear, level, skills (if applicable), etc.

Really, the legwork would just be in tying each of your XBL, PSN, etc. accounts into your Bungie account. This seems like it could be done either through Bungie.net on the web, or even through the Destiny GUI on the consoles. For example, imagine a place in the Destiny XBOne menu where you could enter your Bungie.net id and password, and that would tie your XBL profile in (if it wasn't already tied in from the Halo days). Then you'd have a similar item in the Destiny PS4 (or PC, or whatever) menu to do the same thing. Once you'd signed in in both places, bam!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread