Year One Legendary Weapons Staying Behind In Year Two (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:17 (3182 days ago)

A link to the Activity Hub

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:19 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Wow!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:23 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

so no point to doing trials then

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:24 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Have you considered playing for fun?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:54 (3182 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

isn't that what regular crucible is for?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:10 (3182 days ago) @ Funkmon

IB and ToO are about the gear.

IB is about attack & level, ToO is about strategy & teamwork

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:12 (3182 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

IB is about lag, lag & lag, ToO is about strategy & teamwork

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:19 (3182 days ago) @ Funkmon

Literally no purpose to all the Iron Banner gear I've been grinding, and IB sure as hell isn't fun like ToO is.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:20 (3182 days ago) @ someotherguy

Literally no purpose to all the Iron Banner gear I've been grinding

Then why are you doing it?

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:26 (3182 days ago) @ Funkmon

I learned this just before TDB came out. Literally ground IB to rank 4 to get a piece of armor I hadn't gotten to drop on the vault. 2 weeks later it was obsolete.

I always take IB with a grain of salt now. I run it because I want to use something, not because something will be useful long term. It won't. =)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:33 (3182 days ago) @ Funkmon

Literally no purpose to all the Iron Banner gear I've been grinding

Then why are you doing it?

Well I didn't know at the time. Assuming Crucible remains as it is, with no Power Advantages, I'll still be able to use maybe half of the weapons, but had I known the new armour was literally worthless (to someone who already had the old armour) I wouldn't have bothered.

With the exception of the Hunter boots. Those things are pretty.

I just like how the IB hunter armor looks.

by Durandal, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:12 (3182 days ago) @ someotherguy

PoE Hunter and warlock armor is ugly. CE has some helmets I like but is otherwise ugly (or Nurgly as my W40k playing brother says) VoG Titan armor is cool, but again the other classes are a bit meh.

The new gen "Pirate" IB armor is the only one I kind of like. So I've ground it out knowing that at most it will only be worn while running in the tower.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 19:29 (3181 days ago) @ someotherguy

Literally no purpose to all the Iron Banner gear I've been grinding, and IB sure as hell isn't fun like ToO is.

Just the opposite for me. IB is one of the only times when we consistently get DBO teams in crucible, and even if we lose, it is so much better with a full team. Trials is interesting and unique and I'm addicted (even though I'm horrible and lose alot). However it's not fun after you've played 16 games and won 2 or 3. I've had moments of brilliance like this, but they are rare.

For fun I'd chose IB over ToO anyday. But yes for strategy and the thrill of putting your skills to the test, ToO rules.

Also I kinda grind ToO for the Etheric light, but same can be said for IB.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 20:57 (3181 days ago) @ red robber

True, I do enjoy running with DBO during IB. I wish we could get more Crucible nights going. I know CommandrCleavage hosts the occasionally, but I'm usually asleep by then. Maybe I'll set up a day of Clash this weekend.

I find ToO 10x more fun than any other Crucible gametype

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 05, 2015, 00:27 (3181 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

IB and ToO are about the gear.

Couldn't disagree more, at least in terms of ToO (Iron Banner is kinda just about gear ;p)

The experience of playing Trials is totally unlike anything you get from standard crucible. The pressure, the stakes, the flow of the rounds... All unique within Destiny.

Trials is about getting the Lighthouse grimoire card

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:25 (3181 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

...and then never ever playing it again.

-Disciple

Thumbs up Bungie.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:26 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

The more I hear about TTK the more I have to give Bungie credit. Sure I haven't seen the finished product. But not many companies will start with a new idea and find out later that is didn't fit and decide to just redo it.

TTK is bungie's destiny v2.

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:18 (3182 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Wake me...

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:43 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

...when you need me.

[image]

Just kidding. Fatebringer will never not be the best gun :p

Wake me...

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 14:50 (3182 days ago) @ CyberKN

I'm keeping one in the Vault, just in case.

Wake me...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:10 (3182 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

I'm keeping one in the Vault, just in case.

I kept my TDYK just for sentimental reasons, boy am I glad I did. I've really been enjoying it in the Crucible the past month.

haha, nice! :D

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:11 (3182 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

But.. But... My Collection

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:18 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I'm a-okay with this so long as

A) I can still use my old favourites effectively in Crucible.
B) I get somewhere to keep all the stuff I spent so long collecting. Preferably some kind of display room, though extra-super-double-bonus-points if I can grab them off the wall for a bit of Patrol Nostalgia.

I will be disappointed if I just have to dismantle all my old stuff just because I've run out of space though.

But.. But... My Collection

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:35 (3182 days ago) @ someotherguy

I have some similar thoughts, but on a smaller scale, I think. I'm going to miss Doctor Nope as a PvE weapon, but at least I can use it for old stuff, and of course Crucible. Most of the other assembled guns of mine I don't so much care for, but possess because of golfbagging the elemental types, but there are a few I'll be loathe to lose.

I'm probably not gonna dismantle anything, though, because I have plenty of vault space, and who knows when I might want to take them out again.

I don't really like this change at all whatsoever, but I won't throw a fit about it. Who knows, maybe there'll be a new Sahara that tickles my fancy even more than the Nope? We'll see.

I hope they have a huge selection at release!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:40 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Itll be like christmas!

Don't dismantle anything yet...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:47 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Year One Legendary Weapons Staying Behind In Year Two

by Cozmo23 ⌂ @, Dallas, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:49 (3182 days ago) @ kidtsunami

There is a lot to talk about. We have big plans for the Twitch reveals that should clear up a lot of the questions raised by the GI articles. As soon as DeeJ gets back from gamescom we will give you a schedule for the live Twitch events. Hope you are enjoying the first bite of the upcoming meal.

Year One Legendary Weapons Staying Behind In Year Two

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:55 (3182 days ago) @ Cozmo23

There is a lot to talk about. We have big plans for the Twitch reveals that should clear up a lot of the questions raised by the GI articles. As soon as DeeJ gets back from gamescom we will give you a schedule for the live Twitch events. Hope you are enjoying the first bite of the upcoming meal.

It's very tasty even though I don't know what I'm even eating yet...

Thanks for keeping us informed!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 15:59 (3182 days ago) @ Cozmo23
edited by TheeChaos, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:10

Nice to see you stopping by here and being a part of the community!

Thanks for keeping us informed!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:02 (3182 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Nice to see you stopping by here and being a part of the community!

FTFY.

I second this. Keep in touch.

HAHAH

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:09 (3182 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks Kermit! changed..

You mention food and all I can think of is this....

by Durandal, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:15 (3181 days ago) @ Cozmo23

Cool beans. I liked the Twitch reveal things. Thanks!

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 17:35 (3181 days ago) @ Cozmo23

- No text -

#codywasright

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:18 (3181 days ago) @ kidtsunami

o hai

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:18 (3181 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

#codywasright

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:32 (3181 days ago) @ Cody Miller

un-quit and raid with us wednesday. We won't tell. ;)

#codywasright

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:33 (3181 days ago) @ slycrel

un-quit and raid with us wednesday. We won't tell. ;)

I can't. I'm washing my hair.

We're going to "borrow" atheon's shampoo. Just sayin'.

by slycrel ⌂, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 20:23 (3181 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

What are you still doing here?

by Durandal, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:47 (3181 days ago) @ Cody Miller

didn't you quit or something?

What I Find Frustrating...

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:45 (3181 days ago) @ kidtsunami

is simply the fact that I will never get to experience certain guns as they were meant to be experienced because I couldn't get them to drop and they will be obsolete in a month. I know some of you still don't have Gjallarhorns, and famously Cody never got his Hawkmoon (though every Xbox player here will never get to use Hawkmoon they way you PSN guys and gals knew it). Personally, despite hundreds of runs and completions I have never gotten a Black Hammer (I think the game knows I like sniping too much to drop it for me), nor have I ever gotten Fatebringer. I'm guessing other people share this frustration.

There should be alternative ways to get all gear.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:47 (3181 days ago) @ BeardFade

I think with the new Quest system, that there should be multiple methods to getting each item. There can be one intended way, such as finishing a raid at a certain level, but there should be alternatives. These alternatives could be much more difficult, or time consuming, or something along those lines, but give you a way to eventually earn a sought after piece of gear. Just my opinion though.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:50 (3181 days ago) @ BeardFade

is simply the fact that I will never get to experience certain guns as they were meant to be experienced because I couldn't get them to drop and they will be obsolete in a month.

The guns that are out now were designed for the content that's out now, and they'll still work just as well for existing content at existing levels (except for the nerfing of all the stat boost perks), and hopefully they at least gave some thought to later content in designing things. All this means is attack levels won't go any higher than 365 for existing legendaries.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:52 (3181 days ago) @ BeardFade

is simply the fact that I will never get to experience certain guns as they were meant to be experienced because I couldn't get them to drop and they will be obsolete in a month. I know some of you still don't have Gjallarhorns, and famously Cody never got his Hawkmoon (though every Xbox player here will never get to use Hawkmoon they way you PSN guys and gals knew it). Personally, despite hundreds of runs and completions I have never gotten a Black Hammer (I think the game knows I like sniping too much to drop it for me), nor have I ever gotten Fatebringer. I'm guessing other people share this frustration.

In all honesty, I prefer my ascended TDYK to my Hawkmoon. It just feels better.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:56 (3181 days ago) @ dogcow

Even if I can't ascend it, TDYK is going to stay with me until the end. At least I can still enjoy it in crucible.

+1

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 16:58 (3181 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 18:07 (3181 days ago) @ bluerunner

I feel like this for my Grim Citizen III. Doesn't matter how many times they nerf Auto Rifles, I'm keeping a hold of it.

TDYK is also a gun I never had.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 17:04 (3181 days ago) @ dogcow

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a gun range you could give these things a try on?

by FyreWulff, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 17:05 (3181 days ago) @ BeardFade

They'll still be usable in Crucible, where everything is damage-equalized, if they have perk styles you like.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 17:07 (3181 days ago) @ FyreWulff

They'll still be usable in Crucible, where everything is damage-equalized, if they have perk styles you like.

This actually had me thinking that if the Stranger's Rifle is ascendable to exotic status, I hope it's optional. I like using it with an exotic secondary.

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, August 04, 2015, 17:41 (3181 days ago) @ BeardFade

One quick thing, they didn't actually mention exotics changing/not changing. I have a feeling some of those will still come around.

Don't worry Xbox

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 14:17 (3180 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Monte Carlo will still be beautiful and though it may be aging (gracefully) it still has a strength of character that can never be dulled.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread