DBO Mobile bug? (DBO)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:45 (3183 days ago)
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:58

I've noticed something strange while reading DBO on my iPhone over the past couple days. The menu buttons on the front page (about/official media/creations/forum) don't work on my touch screen. Every now and then I hit the "front page" button by accident (lol) and I can't get back using the menu.

Is this just me, or does this happen for others as well?

*EDIT*

I've got an iPhone 5, running iOS 7.1.2

DBO Mobile bug?

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:48 (3183 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I use it on my phone multiple times throughout the day. No issues from me so far.

DBO Mobile bug?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:49 (3183 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

About/Forum work fine for me.

Drop down menus are a little finicky, but they at least respond to my input.

Running iOS 8.3 on iPhone 5S

DBO Mobile bug?

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 13:57 (3183 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've noticed something strange while reading DBO on my iPhone over the past couple days. The menu buttons on the front page (about/official media/creations/forum) don't work on my touch screen. Every now and then I hit the "front page" button by accident (lol) and I can't get back using the menu.

Is this just me, or does this happen for others as well?

I'm not sure I've had this issue, but I do have an issue where the forum only loads about half of the threads. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 refreshes to load the whole thing.

- CC

DBO Mobile bug?

by Earendil, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:13 (3182 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Sometimes when I reload the forum page a hundred times in 60 seconds the hand of Beorn reaches out of the screen and slaps me. Is that a bug?

All jokes aside...

I've got an iPhone 5, running iOS 7.1.2

Any particular reason you're running such an old version of iOS? Not that older versions of software shouldn't be supported, but it might be more than the tiny DBO crew can handle. Hopefully though it's something they can find and fix easy.

No problems on Chrome for Android

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:18 (3182 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

there's a mobile site?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 15:57 (3182 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

i've always read the regular site on my HTC One M8 just fine.

I don't think so

by Earendil, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 16:02 (3182 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

There is just the regular site as viewed through a mobile browser.

It works fine for me on iOS 8.4 (latest) FWIW.

Latest iOS works fine for me too

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 16:10 (3182 days ago) @ Earendil

- No text -

Do you want an invite to HTC Elevate?

by Funkmon @, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 21:02 (3182 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

There's a front page?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 16:01 (3182 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

You win.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 16:15 (3182 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

"The Fanella Joke Award"

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 18:01 (3182 days ago) @ CyberKN

Because "Completely Unfunny Perpetually Beaten Dead Horse Joke Award" is a mouthful...

"The Fanella Joke Award"

by Kuga, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 19:03 (3182 days ago) @ Korny

I feel your post lacks the sarcasm required to present such an award of honor and dignity. You may try again, son.

This has transcended the realm of jokes and become legend!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, August 06, 2015, 19:24 (3182 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

It's a feature.

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 17:10 (3182 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Yes (don't know whose fault, though)

by nash, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 17:11 (3182 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've noticed the same since yesterday. I couldn't get several of the front page news links to work yesterday and thought the posts' HTML must be incorrect. Today, though, I can't get the menu links to reliably work. It's been about a 20% success rate after multiple reloads/refreshes.

Using safari on an iPhone 5s (iOS 7)

iOS Bug?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 17:34 (3182 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, not sure what to tell you other than "Upgrade to iOS 8." It's very likely an implementation problem on older versions of iOS.

Or, you know, swipe right to "go back" a history step? I'm not sure why you would be looking at the front page anyway… ;-)

iOS Bug?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, August 06, 2015, 17:59 (3182 days ago) @ Beorn

Yeah, not sure what to tell you other than "Upgrade to iOS 8." It's very likely an implementation problem on older versions of iOS.

That's probably a safe bet :)

Or, you know, swipe right to "go back" a history step? I'm not sure why you would be looking at the front page anyway… ;-)

lol... I already told you it was an accident! ;p

Solar flares?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, August 07, 2015, 00:04 (3182 days ago) @ Beorn

I agree with the upgrade solution but I don't see how it could be an iOS bug if it only started happening recently. It's not like iOS 7 had a recent update. Then again, did the front page?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread