Deeply Flawed Raiders T-Shirt Contest Winner! (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 19:51 (3165 days ago)

Hey Everyone!

Thanks so much for all the great entries even though that really made it difficult to choose. You can peruse the thread here. I'd love to get several of these made into shirts in the future.

There was consensus among the judges regarding the front, and the back was an open question, and because the artist was generous enough to iterate with me, we came up with a combination that was simple, yet captured the whoopsy-daisy spirit of the flawless raiders.

The winner of the Taken King Digital Collector's Edition is ... CyberKN!

Here is his design:

[image]

Because Cyber was riffing on Bones' original idea, they both get a free t-shirt. Thanks again to you both and to everyone who participated.

I won't have time to get the shirt made for a few weeks, but I definitely post when they're available.

This is an awesome community.

Kermit

Love it!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 20:25 (3165 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Brilliant!

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 20:33 (3165 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Deeply Flawed Raiders T-Shirt Contest Winner!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 20:38 (3165 days ago) @ Kermit

Because Cyber was riffing on Bones' original idea, they both get a free t-shirt. Thanks again to you both and to everyone who participated.

Okay, so you linked to Paddy's post, not Bones' - but Bones just had a bunch of logos. It sounds like Bigarm41 might have suggested the wordplay on the back... weird.

Deeply Flawed Raiders T-Shirt Contest Winner!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:08 (3165 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Well, that was sloppy. All apologies. Busy day. Tried to fix it but it locked before I could hit submit. The link to the thread is here. The link to Bones' idea is here. It's tough because ideas were spread across at least three threads. With more time I would have compiled them all in this post.

I loved the words on the back and so did Bigarm, and poor Cyber probably ran through a dozen iterations for me. Another judgment was that it was too much to have "deeply flawed raiders" on the front and back, but the find a word aspect was a big part of why it was so cool. We'll get it on a shirt eventually.

Great concept / design :)

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 21:31 (3165 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Wooo!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 23:39 (3165 days ago) @ Kermit

It was quite amusing keeping this a secret while discussing whether Cyber would ever get to play TTK.

Congrats!

Wooo!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 25, 2015, 23:51 (3165 days ago) @ someotherguy

It was quite amusing keeping this a secret while discussing whether Cyber would ever get to play TTK.

Congrats!

So this means he's in? Dream Team assemble on Oryx!

SECURITY

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 00:00 (3165 days ago) @ Kermit

Playstation official console. Back of shirt confirms.

But who are the "Deeply Flawed Raiders"?

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 14:21 (3164 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm curious; who are the "Deeply Flawed Raiders"?

I've always considered it to be just the 6 forum members who managed this accomplishment on the playstation after weeks of attempts, but it seems there's a lot of interest around this design. Is this a label specific to the original PlayStation fireteam? Does it include anyone who's managed a flawless run, or limited to DBO fireteams who've earned the trophy/achievement together?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 14:28 (3164 days ago) @ Chappy
edited by dogcow, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 14:37

I thought it was in reference to a group on the xbox side who identified themselves as the deeply flawed raiders.

edit: but I could certainly be wrong. :)

Gather round, it's story time...

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 14:43 (3164 days ago) @ dogcow

The Deeply Flawed Raiders are a group led by Kermit on the PS4. We're mostly all DBO forum-goers.

The name is a play on the Flawless Raider achievement, which we are the opposite of: Almost comically flawed.

There's been talk that without Kermit, we're no longer the deeply flawed raiders.

The roster changes over time due to who is available. In my time I've played with Kermit, Bigarm, Lichtonatus (someotherguy), telemachus/houndzilla, CyberKN, Destroyoboy, Rev, CommanderCleavage, CaneCutter.

I hope I'm not leaving anyone out of that list--I feel like I am. I raided regularly with them back in the spring, and recently have participated in some raids with them too, notably the Hard Crota raid last week where Destroyoboy took down Crota.

Gather round, it's story time...

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 14:59 (3164 days ago) @ marmot 1333

The roster changes over time due to who is available. In my time I've played with Kermit, Bigarm, Lichtonatus (someotherguy), telemachus/houndzilla, CyberKN, Destroyoboy, Rev, CommanderCleavage, CaneCutter.

Ah, yes, the early evening PS4 crew. I've run w/ many of you (usually in Iron Banner or Crucible), but not very often as you're usually finishing up around my kids bedtime. I can hardly wait until I feel they're old enough that I can allow them to play Destiny w/ me, maybe even some Halo. (see the Oholiab family)

Now I want to mock up a Deeply Flawed Raiders Grimiore Card.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 14:38 (3164 days ago) @ Chappy

But to answer your question, I believe "Deeply Flawed Raiders" refers to Kermit's PS4 group of people who play raids much more casually then the "Flawless Raiders", which is the group you describe in your post.

Casual....yeeessss.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 22:52 (3164 days ago) @ CyberKN

Now the world will never know our terrible secret...

Don't we all have our Deeply Flawed moments while Raiding?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 14:43 (3164 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

I don't know what you're talking about...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 15:25 (3164 days ago) @ dogcow

Any excuse to post this video ;p

:-D

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 15:51 (3164 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 15:10 (3164 days ago) @ Chappy

I'm curious; who are the "Deeply Flawed Raiders"?

I've always considered it to be just the 6 forum members who managed this accomplishment on the playstation after weeks of attempts...

We were a Fireteam of five. Kalamari was unfortunately out sick the night that we finally managed it. But nah, we were the "Flawless Five".

But the Deeply Flawed Raiders was kind of a joke started by Kermit on the Fireteam Builder, to contrast all of the "Flawless Raiders" posts, and I've always interpreted it to mean any non-pro-tier group that he Raids with on either console. Regardless of experience though, they're pretty dang good. Sammy and I ran with them, and it was fun. We hardly wiped (and when we did, it was almost always intentional):

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 22:42 (3164 days ago) @ Chappy

The Completely Flawed Raiders?

(I still feel bad about #18, at 3:28.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread