Raid Purity Pledge! (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 13:29 (3155 days ago)

Are you determined not to have the raid spoiled this time? Do you want to explore with others without having watched the trailers, read the strategies, or watched any gameplay videos?

Take the Raid Purity Pledge!

I, _______, will not expose myself to King's Fall spoilers until I have finished the raid with others who have likewise pledged.

Posting "I pledge" below will serve as your word. (Also indicate your platform of choice in the text.)

I'm going to set something up beginning on the 23rd with the assumption that we can play in shifts over the course of several days. (This is for the folks who have time over the course of several evenings and the following weekend, but who won't have time to try to do it all in one sitting like some are doing.) My event will be for the Xbox One, but of course others can schedule similar events on other platforms.

Kermit

Pledged (XB1)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 13:33 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Are you determined not to have the raid spoiled this time? Do you want to explore with others without having watched the trailers, read the strategies, or watched any gameplay videos?

I, _______, will not expose myself to King's Fall spoilers until I have finished the raid with others who have likewise pledged.

Posting "I pledge" below will serve as your word. (Also indicate your platform of choice in the text.)

I'm going to set something up beginning on the 23rd with the assumption that we can play in shifts over the course of several days. (This is for the folks who have time over the course of several evenings and the following weekend, but who won't have time to try to do it all in one sitting like some are doing.) My event will be for the Xbox One, but of course others can schedule similar events on other platforms.

Kermit

I will take this pledge. Though I may have to back out of real life stuff comes up.

I pledge! (Xbox One)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 13:34 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I, cheapLEY, will not expose myself to King's Fall spoilers until I have finished the raid with others who have likewise pledged.

Kermit

Definitely will be joining your event. Starting Destiny so late, I've never done a Raid with others for the first time. It's the main selling point of TTK for me. Really looking forward to it!

I'm kinda in (small caveat)

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 13:37 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

If there is an xbone raid on the 18th, I'll likely join that and run it. So, if that doesn't happen, I'll be in for your run.

I Pledge (PS4)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 03, 2015, 13:51 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Tho' I have plans to run it as soon as possible. I just hope I can unlock the raid & some appropriate gear in time.

I Pledge! Xbox One

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 14:25 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I hope I'm ready by then! I would love to experience a Raid fresh, long as it may take. I never did that with the other two. I was "almost fresh" for the Vault, but one guy on our team had Datto on his computer while we played in case we got stuck. :P I also would like to join a team of people who play late over several days. I don't have 6+ hours in the middle of the day to play. :)

Kermit

IN

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 14:51 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

XBONE

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 14:52 (3155 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Raid Purity Pledge!

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 15:09 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Sounds interesting. I'd also like to get some people willing to participate in a video podcast or possible livestream of the new raid, also with an unspoiled group. Took us too long to get into them last few times-- everybody else had already played them before we got in!

IN

by Funkmon @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 15:13 (3155 days ago) @ narcogen

- No text -

Raid Purity Pledge!

by ProbablyLast, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 15:56 (3155 days ago) @ narcogen

If this happens at a time I'm not working (highly unlikely), I'm in.

Twitch - Virgin Run

by BlackstarBSP, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:51 (3155 days ago) @ narcogen

Wait, that didn't sound quite right...

I pledge, running on the 18th! (PS4)

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 15:23 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I Pledge! (XB1)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 16:15 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

The likely schedule for me:

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 16:15 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

(on the Xbone)

9/23 9-11 EDT
9/24 9-11 EDT
9/25 9-12 EDT
9/26 Flex (whenever everyone is free--I plan to have a big chunk of the day free)
9/27 Flex (whenever everyone is free--I plan to have a big chunk of the day free)
9/28 9-? (clean up)

This might be bumped to start on the 18th if I decide requirements make it reasonable to try that soon.

Going by past experience

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 16:19 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

It might seem odd to some to have that much time blocked off, but it's based on what really happened when the newbie group I was with played. We racked up 14 hours, total.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:19 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

This might be bumped to start on the 18th if I decide requirements make it reasonable to try that soon.

My wife and I are expecting to have a child by the 24th, so the 18th would be better for me :)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:23 (3155 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Dr. Murphy says she'll go into labor shortly after you start the raid.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:32 (3155 days ago) @ dogcow

Dr. Murphy says she'll go into labor shortly after you start the raid.

lol, perhaps. The official due date is Oct 2nd, but the Dr said the baby is measuring ahead of schedule, so they will induce on the 24th if she hasn't gone into labor yet.

I pledge. 360/XBONE

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 16:15 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Consider Robot's RSVP +1

by rellekh, PNW, Friday, September 04, 2015, 02:56 (3155 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Do I have to give you a promise ring? (XB1)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 16:32 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, I'm in. Missed out on playing the other raids unknown. I'd really like to complete this one fully unaware. To solve the mysteries and have that wide eyed experience.

I Pledge! (Xbox One)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 16:41 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm down to do this any time after 6:30PM Central on the day it drops and can clear the entire weekend if necessary.

-Disciple

I pledge! Ish... (PS4)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 17:30 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd like to do it on release. Unfortunately my regulars will 100% want to spoil it, so I'm at a bit of a loss. If there's one scheduled before my regular group runs it I'm in.

I pledge! Ish... (PS4)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 17:33 (3155 days ago) @ someotherguy

I'd like to do it on release. Unfortunately my regulars will 100% want to spoil it, so I'm at a bit of a loss. If there's one scheduled before my regular group runs it I'm in.

People keep saying they'll do it upon release, but does everyone expect to have all of the REST of TTK done by then? Chew your food, folks.

I pledge! Ish... (PS4)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:04 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

Heh. That's my biggest issue. I'm not convinced I'll be ready by the 23rd, but I'm going to try!

I pledge! Ish... (PS4)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 04, 2015, 15:56 (3154 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I might even be ready on the 18th. I'm thinking of taking the 15th off and if I do that I might have finished most of the other TTK content, but that's not really my preference, and if Destiny is still Destiny, I'll still have stuff to upgrade in order to be truly ready.

My original plan was the schedule something for around the 30th. I didn't tackle VoG until almost of a month after the game came out, so that's not so strange, but we were all less raid-savvy back then and most of us were in the protracted 20-26 leveling process. If I knew I could get a dedicated team of non-spoiled DBOers to start on the 30th, that would be my preference.

Since I don't know that, I thought starting on the 23rd might be a good compromise--the more eager of you don't have to wait too long, and those of us with less time to digest the new content have a little more time.

Thoughts?

Color me Pledged!

by DestroyoBoy, Greenville, SC, Friday, September 11, 2015, 13:42 (3147 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I pledge! Ish... (PS4)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:07 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

People keep saying they'll do it upon release, but does everyone expect to have all of the REST of TTK done by then? Chew your food, folks.

I'd love to wait. I wish there was a longer gap between TTK and raid release. Undortunately only one of my friends is of the same mind. The rest are impatient, and will give me the choice of Raid Now(!) or have my space filled and potentially miss out in the future if I'm replaced.

I use the word "friends" lightly, obviously. It's a marriage of GMT convenience.

I pledge! Ish... (PS4)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:12 (3155 days ago) @ someotherguy

I am in the same boat. I really want to go into this Raid blind. I have never ran a blind raid. Its always been directed. Which is fine im glad I found help here, but I feel like im getting robbed from the glamour of a blind raid.

By the looks of it we both may be able to run it that Friday at 11 if the time doesnt change. It appears Dogwoof will have a date at that time.

Also I too wish there was about a full week between the raid release and TTK release. Its almost like they want me to take those 3 days off....

I pledge! Ish... (PS4)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 04, 2015, 08:09 (3154 days ago) @ TheeChaos

By the looks of it we both may be able to run it that Friday at 11 if the time doesnt change. It appears Dogwoof will have a date at that time.

It's poasible. That's 4am for me though. Will have to go to bed early and get up for it, which I'm totally willing to do, but it still hinges on whether my "friends" want to rush into it the second I get home from work.

Honestly, I'd rather do it with you guys.

Also I too wish there was about a full week between the raid release and TTK release. Its almost like they want me to take those 3 days off....

I might have already got those days off. Maybe. Because I'm the worst.

Hahaha

by TheeChaos @, Friday, September 04, 2015, 10:12 (3154 days ago) @ someotherguy

I thought about taking them off. But I would still have my daughter because she doesnt start school till the following monday. so I wouldnt even be able to play.

I'm in. (PS4)

by peaksutah, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:20 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

But can't raid until the 22nd and/or 25th

I pledge, conditionally, and I guess on PS4?

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 18:56 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

(The condition is that there are still other pledgees or otherwise unspoiled individuals by the time I even get TTK.)

Benedict Arnold over here.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 20:05 (3155 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

- No text -

Sorry.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, September 05, 2015, 16:01 (3153 days ago) @ Funkmon

It is times like these that make me regret not being made of money.

Made me realize I still haven't bought TTK

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, September 03, 2015, 19:17 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

I'll be unspoiled until I do get it, though, so I'm technically pledged! :p

Should be able to Raid the weekend after it launches.

I pledge (360/maybe an XB1 in the near future)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 19:21 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I promise mothing

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 19:24 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Super Pledge! (Xbone)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, September 03, 2015, 23:53 (3155 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Super Pledge! (Xbone)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 04, 2015, 16:08 (3154 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

So awesome finally meeting you, buddy!

Super Pledge! (Xbone)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, September 04, 2015, 23:34 (3154 days ago) @ Kermit

Likewise! Meeting the rest of the B.org continuum has been on my list since the Halo 2 days!

This pledge is illogical

by Avateur @, Friday, September 04, 2015, 19:45 (3154 days ago) @ Kermit

The name of the Raid itself has spoiled it for you. The King loses. You win. Sorry homie.

/endspoils

This pledge is illogical

by Robot Chickens, Friday, September 04, 2015, 21:58 (3154 days ago) @ Avateur

[image]

I Pledge (XBone)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, September 04, 2015, 23:07 (3154 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Pledge! Tree Sixty fo lyfe

by Up North 65 @, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 22:48 (3152 days ago) @ Kermit

I pledge allegiance to the Banner of the Kermit State of Destiny

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread