Petra *IMG* (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, September 11, 2015, 14:48 (3148 days ago)

I talk about sometimes being overwhelmed by the negativity in the forum and sad about the lack of fan creations, so I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is for a change. Well, I don't have money, but I do have art.

[image]

Transparent png file. If I make more like these, maybe we could use these as Year Two news story illustrations?

Awesome!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, September 11, 2015, 14:50 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Love it!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 11, 2015, 14:51 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

Someone give this man a pile of money.

Love it!

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 11, 2015, 14:52 (3148 days ago) @ Kermit

I wish I had skillz like him. Damn son, how are you not rich?

Love it!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 11, 2015, 15:41 (3148 days ago) @ Kermit

Wouldn't an iPad Pro and an iPencil be a more useful gift to him? :-p

Love it!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 11, 2015, 16:49 (3148 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wouldn't an iPad Pro and an iPencil be a more useful gift to him? :-p

It's an Apple Pencil, dude. He can get those with a pile of money (barely).

Speaking of fan creations ...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 11, 2015, 14:55 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

I don't think anyone has commented here, but these were amazing (especially in person).

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13468

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, September 11, 2015, 14:59 (3148 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't think anyone has commented here, but these were amazing (especially in person).

The Vex cosplay boggled my mind.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 11, 2015, 15:19 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

The Vex cosplay boggled my mind.

Mine, too! It was perfect.

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Friday, September 11, 2015, 15:14 (3148 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, the Eris cosplay was crazy; she really nailed the glowing eyes.

soon as I recover

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, September 11, 2015, 15:34 (3148 days ago) @ Kermit

I have a few from dragoncon that were pretty good.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, September 11, 2015, 15:54 (3148 days ago) @ Kermit

Confirmed: Destiny needs beards for guardians.

That Vex Cosplay was absolutely stunning.

Petra *IMG*

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, September 11, 2015, 15:01 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

Awesome as always Levi!

Great work!

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, September 11, 2015, 15:12 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

I love the whole thing, but the fade to transparency is very cool.

That is awesome!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 11, 2015, 16:16 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

Truly great work.

I am also working on a few things, but it's been slow progress.

As a side note, what do you use for your art, Leviathan? I have an older Intuos pad, which I like, but after playing around with a friend's Surface Pro 3 and PS, I really love that. Drawing on the actual screen seemed much better than on a separate tablet, so I'm going to get one. I was going to get the SP3, but with the SP4 mostly likely coming next month, I'm trying to wait and see what it's going to be like.

Using a Cintiq now

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 01:44 (3147 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Truly great work.

I am also working on a few things, but it's been slow progress.

As a side note, what do you use for your art, Leviathan? I have an older Intuos pad, which I like, but after playing around with a friend's Surface Pro 3 and PS, I really love that. Drawing on the actual screen seemed much better than on a separate tablet, so I'm going to get one. I was going to get the SP3, but with the SP4 mostly likely coming next month, I'm trying to wait and see what it's going to be like.

My girlfriend and family pitched in and bought me one a few years ago and it's amazing. You're absolutely right. Drawing on the screen is a LOT more intuitive than the disconnect of a graphics tablet (I had an Intuos 3 before that). The Brothers In Arms piece I did for DBO's Twitter background was the first piece I tried on the Cintiq. It was immediately... just... funner. It's that much closer to the pen and paper that I feel the most at home with.

I've played around with a Cintiq Companion (generation one). If I'm understanding correctly, that's essentially a Surface that's been optimized by Wacom from the ground up. I feel like I can sketch on it, but it's harder to move around a big, detailed image and finish rendering. That might just be me not used to the smaller screen real estate. But it also might be more of a problem with Photoshop being compacted into a smaller screen. You press a few millimeters right or left in the wrong direction and suddenly you've deleted a layer or accidentally minimized the window. Blarg!

I tried the Photoshop CC free-month-trial this summer and it has an "experimental interface" that optimizes the screen for mobile/tablet uses. But I don't know if that's really worth the cost of buying into that model when my PS CS5 does almost everything else the same and I don't have to put any more money into it every month.

I'd love to have something more mobile to work with so I'm not stuck with an aching back in the same room all the time, but I don't know if the devices and software is primed for that yet - at least with the way I draw. Or perhaps I just don't have the money to throw at the problem yet. :)

Thanks!

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 19:35 (3147 days ago) @ Leviathan

I figured that's what it was. Still seems to basically be the best option if you can afford it.

I just don't the room for a dedicated workspace, and from my limited experience, the Surface Pro seems like a pretty good substitute. Maybe even better with with the SP 4, but we'll have to see.

I know the SP 1 and 2 used Wacom technology for the pen, and they no longer do, but it still seemed pretty great when I used the SP 3, despite technically less pressure sensitivity.

So good :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, September 11, 2015, 16:40 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Jealous of those skills. Looks Amazing!

by TheeChaos @, Friday, September 11, 2015, 16:52 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

-1, Lacks back-seat game designer complaints (JK looks rad!)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, September 11, 2015, 17:10 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks folks! :)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, September 11, 2015, 17:42 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

you are talented my friend

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, September 11, 2015, 17:54 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Petra *IMG*

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, September 11, 2015, 18:30 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

Just saw this posted on Twitter, wasn't sure if @LeviWasTaken was you or not. Awesome work as always!

Kick ass

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 11, 2015, 19:40 (3148 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

** APPLAUSE **

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 01:49 (3147 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

This just in: Leviathan can draw! Still doesn't work for BNG

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 21:20 (3147 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Two Cheetos-covered thumbs up!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 14, 2015, 18:55 (3145 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread