Vault of Emblems (Recruitment)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 01:46 (3141 days ago)

Thanks to Lawn and Morph, I'm now just a Vault raid away from finishing off all the triumphs; never thought I'd get this close. I've set up a raid for tomorrow (see FTB) for anyone willing to help.

-- Steve appreciates the boosts, and is finding the process surprisingly fun despite the soul-numbing bruisings.

Vault of Emblems

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 12:38 (3141 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Glad you got it! Sorry I couldn't make it for the second squad.

Also, does anyone have a Hard Mode checkpoint? Can you select HM from the start right now, given that the level selects are messed up on everything else? I haven't checked, so I don't know.

Lots of maybes . . .

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 16:01 (3141 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Including me. Not sure if I can play through completion, depends on how long it takes. I've got about two hours from the start time the I've got to stop.

C'mon folks, let's get him this Triumph!

Unless it's gone way wrong, VoG's an hour. Should be fine.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 18:39 (3140 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 19:27 (3140 days ago) @ Funkmon

Oh, I know. But it seems like every time I have attempt it with a limited amount of time, that's when we have trouble and I have to abandon it.

I just wanted to let everyone know that may be the case, and I'll step aside if there's someone to take my spot that can commit to the whole thing, if it happens to take a while for whatever reason.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 22:25 (3140 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I see the Fireteam is full. Hit me up if anyone needs to sub out.

Well, I am glad. My Xbox is stuck in a dashboard update.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, September 12, 2015, 22:33 (3140 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

Vault of Emblems

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, September 13, 2015, 02:47 (3140 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Well, we finished a couple of hours ago... sorry to hear network trouble kept some from joining us, but we did manage to build a fireteam (more details on that tomorrow when I can think straight) and make it through despite our own set of network weirdness.

-- Steve thanks everyone who helped drag his sorry carcass across the finish line.

Vault of Emblems

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 13, 2015, 02:56 (3140 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I'm glad you got it done! Completing the Triumphs feels great. It was actually a fun little thing for Bungie to have made. I finished mine last week with finding the few missing Golden Chests I hadn't collected yet. I feel a little bad for those folks that had them completed when Bungie announced them. Not that anything crazy was on there, but it was a fun experience working for them all.

Sorry I wasn't around. Not going to lie, I basically forgot and by the time I jumped on (about twenty minutes late), you had a full fireteam already. I did see that it was taking awhile, though, and wondered what the issue was.

Did Skolas go pretty smoothly for you last night?

Vault of Emblems

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, September 13, 2015, 12:10 (3140 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sorry I wasn't around. Not going to lie, I basically forgot and by the time I jumped on (about twenty minutes late), you had a full fireteam already. I did see that it was taking awhile, though, and wondered what the issue was.

Partly me. :) I was so rusty I'd forgotten some of the nuances of the Vault; where to stand, where the enemies spawn, etc. We also took the scenic route to get stuff like the Grimoire card for killing a Gorgon. Lastly, we had some networking issues of our own; a couple of players got kicked out at the Templar and I lagged so badly against Atheon no one could pick up the relic so we had to bail out for a bit until the packet-weasels settled down.

Did Skolas go pretty smoothly for you last night?

Reasonably; took us a bit over 3 hours. (Damned mines.)

-- Steve still hasn't worked out a really good way to tackle those mines, but he'll accept "lucky fluke" with good grace and humility.

Vault of Emblems

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 13, 2015, 12:56 (3140 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Partly me. :) I was so rusty I'd forgotten some of the nuances of the Vault; where to stand, where the enemies spawn, etc. We also took the scenic route to get stuff like the Grimoire card for killing a Gorgon. Lastly, we had some networking issues of our own; a couple of players got kicked out at the Templar and I lagged so badly against Atheon no one could pick up the relic so we had to bail out for a bit until the packet-weasels settled down.

Ugh, network issues are the worst.

Reasonably; took us a bit over 3 hours. (Damned mines.)

-- Steve still hasn't worked out a really good way to tackle those mines, but he'll accept "lucky fluke" with good grace and humility.

That's not bad. I ran Skolas twice this week with Lawnmower and LadyPhoenix. First time was just a touch over five hours, and we didn't get it finished. The next night we only wiped once on Skolas, I think, and it was right near the beginning so not a big deal.

Biggest issue with the mines for me is just being ready for them. The first night, we kept burning him too hard and fast and launching into mines before we were prepared for them (having supers and having freshly traded the essence).

Seems like what worked for us was having one person stay at the hidey hole on the right side for that mine, and send two out for the other mines, sticking together if possible, and ready to split up if both of the mines pop at the same time. Also, Gjallarhorning where you know a mine is going to spawn when you're clearing the current one is a huge help.

Skolas is one of those things that can be really frustrating when it's going wrong, but when it goes right, it is one of my favorite fights in Destiny.

I'm glad you got them both done, though!

Vault of Emblems

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Sunday, September 13, 2015, 13:11 (3140 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Also, Gjallarhorning where you know a mine is going to spawn when you're clearing the current one is a huge help.

Ooh, I like that trick; must try that next time.

Skolas is one of those things that can be really frustrating when it's going wrong, but when it goes right, it is one of my favorite fights in Destiny.

Yup, it plays to all of Destiny's strengths; challenging but subject to planning and teamwork.

I'm glad you got them both done, though!

-- Steve's glad too, and looking forward to the new challenges coming in Year Two.

Vault of Emblems

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, September 13, 2015, 12:00 (3140 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

This was a blast! Thanks for giving me an excuse to jump back into the Vault!

-Disciple

Never Again.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 05:39 (3138 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

God, the absolute hell that was. I am NEVER doing Skolas again. I'll get my cores from the lower prisons. I like my challenges to be...well, less than a cluster. God...A Guardian STD circle jerk while getting hell rained on by Aksor's abusive stepdad, Vandals with Wanted-style precision and Captains that have serious personal space issues?

AND MINES?!

No, sweetheart. I'll see you at Urrox's cage.

Thank god Lawnmower kept us in check with the schedule, or we would've been toast!

Heh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 10:04 (3138 days ago) @ Morpheus

I remember you reacting like this to the Vault of Glass. Still, I somehow feel this time it will hold. :p

Really?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 11:49 (3137 days ago) @ ZackDark

I remember you reacting like this to the Vault of Glass. Still, I somehow feel this time it will hold. :p

I don't really remember that, but I'll give that to you--I complain too much, especially on my first time doing something. But Vault of Glass--especially after hitting 30--is usually a breeze(when your fireteam is experienced). I actually like it now! But Skolas...my god, what a nightmare.

Yeah

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, September 16, 2015, 14:49 (3137 days ago) @ Morpheus

I was even with you during the run (my first too). We were all so frustrated. But you vented on the forum very much like you're doing about Skolas now. :p

Also, Skolas might also be a breeze once we're all 240 Light.

LOL

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 15:19 (3138 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread