update's up (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 18:26 (3137 days ago)

Xur....

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 18:30 (3137 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

In Year Two, Xûr’s offerings have been changed so that he will select either a specific Exotic Weapon or an Exotic Engram for sale every week. This change is due primarily to our desire to give players more direct paths to acquiring the Exotics they want through Quests and gameplay experiences, and to avoid repetition in his inventory.

Xur....

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 18:59 (3137 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I interpret that as meaning that xur will no longer be selling a specific armor, just a weapon or an exotic engram. He'll also sell the three of coins and a legacy engram.

It's not clear to me if the exotic engram is weapons only or if it can also be year 2 armor. I first interpreted the legacy engram as being a year1 weapon or armor of any type, but the wording today makes me think it will be a specific type each week.

Xur....

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 19:04 (3137 days ago) @ CougRon

I interpret that as meaning that xur will no longer be selling a specific armor, just a weapon or an exotic engram. He'll also sell the three of coins and a legacy engram.

It's not clear to me if the exotic engram is weapons only or if it can also be year 2 armor. I first interpreted the legacy engram as being a year1 weapon or armor of any type, but the wording today makes me think it will be a specific type each week.

yeah. I'm kinda hoping he sells an armor engram tomorrow. If it's true that you can infuse a legendary with an exotic, then you can keep buying engrams until you have all the parts you need to infuse a set of legendary gear up.

EDIT: i wasn't thinking, i forgot that the engram would be specific to chest/helmet/etc. so that wouldn't work. you'd only be able to level up that one specific slot

Xur....

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Thursday, September 17, 2015, 21:36 (3137 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I still think that referring to him as a 'snake-faced bastard' is the most accurate description to come out of Bungie in years.

I knew this was coming

by Oholiab @, Friday, September 18, 2015, 02:19 (3137 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

As a "filthy casual", I came to depend on Xur for my exotics. Four weeks ago, when he sold Gally - that's when I finally got one.

It's been my fear that Xur would undergo a change - one that would for all practical purposes gate my access to and acquisition of Y2 exotics. I'm holding out hope that it won't be as bad as my interpretation.

Ok, self, repeat after me: Destiny Y2 is a new game. New game...

I knew this was coming

by Funkmon @, Friday, September 18, 2015, 03:09 (3137 days ago) @ Oholiab

I feel the same way. The Jolly Holiday quest as an example of an exotic quest is hard as hell played as intended. The Thorn crucible section was just peanuts. I had to play about 5 consecutive games with a k/d of above 2.5 to get it. If your k/d is any less than 2, you will probably never get past the first step.

I don't personally like the move to quests for guns if they involve a performance aspect. Some people are bad at games. How the hell are they going to get these guns? They probably won't. I'm not against prestige items unobtainable to some people, but when the game structures the exotics as a COLLECTION, that seems unfair. I'm sure it will turn out fine, but my first reaction upon hearing this isn't positive. We'll see!

I knew this was coming

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 18, 2015, 07:45 (3137 days ago) @ Funkmon

2.5?! Jesus, that's something to look forward to then. I mean I have good games (got my first 20-0 the other day) but not consistently enough for that.

Play like a wuss.

by Funkmon @, Friday, September 18, 2015, 09:14 (3137 days ago) @ someotherguy

Hide in hallways with a Felwinter's, don't go for objective. You'll get it.

Play like a wuss.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 18, 2015, 11:15 (3137 days ago) @ Funkmon

I rely on my precious MIDA so much since 2.0, it's gonna be weird. But I'm sure I'll manage.

Pro-Tip - apparently the deaths only count against you if you have TLW equipped. You could wait til you have Heavy, throw it on and get some kills, then take it off again. Slower for sure, but safer.

Play like a wuss.

by Durandal, Friday, September 18, 2015, 11:22 (3137 days ago) @ someotherguy

I tried it yesterday, and am sitting at 6% after 3 games. The nerf on the last word hit really hard, it feels worse then even an average hand cannon and the range puts you well into shotgun territory.

I ended up sniping or using a sidearm, and still had a tough time of it.

Apparently you get big bonuses for killstreaks

by Kahzgul, Friday, September 18, 2015, 15:54 (3137 days ago) @ Durandal

So stay alive and play for 10-15 in a row without dying.

Play like a wuss.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:29 (3136 days ago) @ Durandal

I tried it yesterday, and am sitting at 6% after 3 games. The nerf on the last word hit really hard, it feels worse then even an average hand cannon and the range puts you well into shotgun territory.

I ended up sniping or using a sidearm, and still had a tough time of it.

Did you try not aiming down the sights? The nerf was focused on making it behave like it was supposed to, giving you extra damage for hip firing. Previously it would often trigger when ADSing and often not trigger when hip firing, especially the extra headshot damage. I think they turned up the bullet magnetism for hip fire headshots too because it's kind of ridiculous now.

Pro tip

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:50 (3136 days ago) @ Funkmon

Deaths only penalize you if you have The Last Word equipped. So if you're not confident in your ability to get a good enough K/D over the course of an entire match, use a different primary until you get Heavy ammo or your super is ready, then equip Last Word and go to work. When your heavy/super is used, switch back to another primary.

I knew this was coming

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, September 19, 2015, 16:54 (3136 days ago) @ someotherguy

2.5?! Jesus, that's something to look forward to then. I mean I have good games (got my first 20-0 the other day) but not consistently enough for that.

I was thinking it would be insanely difficult, but I did it in 60 minutes, the hard way (with last word always equipped), and I'm not the best crucible player. The key is to stay alive. You get massive bonus points for killstreaks. 15 kills took me up 40%.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread