Xbox E3 2013 Conference

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 11:22 (3944 days ago)

Well the Xbox E3 2013 Conference just ended. Thoughts?

Ill throw down what Is pecking away at my noggin for the moment - I kept hearing "Open World".

So I have to wonder if this is ( and I presume it will be ) the Norm for this "generation" and if so how will Destiny stand out from it all? No doubt we will find out more in a few hours - to be continued this line of thought shall be.

Also Titanfall.

Pitty about the Price point though.

Xbox E3 2013 Conference

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, June 10, 2013, 11:38 (3944 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Titanfall does look pretty great. I think I'm going to enjoy it. Overall, some neat stuff, cool looking games, interesting price point. Metal Gear: PP looks great, even with it's utterly silly supporting cast.

I'm not going to lie, HALO looks good

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Monday, June 10, 2013, 11:46 (3944 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I wont buy an XONE at launch, but good...

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Monday, June 10, 2013, 11:47 (3944 days ago) @ Mix

- No text -

Neither will I...

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:37 (3942 days ago) @ Mix

I've been a big supporter of XBOX since the beginning, but I think MS went and fucked up royal with the XBO (I'm going to keep abbreviating it that way as long as possible because XBone sounds absolutely ridiculous). The only thing they have going for them (IMO, at least) is Halo. I've sworn off giving Lionhead any more money after Fable 3, I'm just not interested in Gears of War anymore (I really enjoyed GoW3 but I felt like it was a good place to stop), while I liked Dead Rising I haven't bothered with DR2... Anything else I can get on PS4/PC for the most part.

It's looking like I'll be yet another Sony convert this time around. I'll just wait to get a cheap XBO when Halo 5 comes out, I guess.

Weird feels.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 10, 2013, 12:40 (3944 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I watched the Halo trailer. Didn't excite me. Halo 4 felt like it just came out, and I already felt like that one seemed rushed too soon after Reach. I used to be on the edge of my seat for even an announcement of a Halo novel. Now it just seems like a casual product that gets announced every couple of months.

Maybe if a future trailer capitalizes on some of the art direction, music, moods, and tones of the original Halos I might get excited. But of course, unless the XboxOne changes its stance on DRM and internet requirements, I won't even have the system Halo is made for anymore.

Strange days.

Weird feels.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 10, 2013, 15:39 (3943 days ago) @ Leviathan

Yeah, I'm interested, but not $560 plus tax interested.

Weird feels.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 16:29 (3943 days ago) @ Leviathan

I watched the Halo trailer. Didn't excite me. Halo 4 felt like it just came out, and I already felt like that one seemed rushed too soon after Reach. I used to be on the edge of my seat for even an announcement of a Halo novel. Now it just seems like a casual product that gets announced every couple of months.

Maybe if a future trailer capitalizes on some of the art direction, music, moods, and tones of the original Halos I might get excited. But of course, unless the XboxOne changes its stance on DRM and internet requirements, I won't even have the system Halo is made for anymore.

Strange days.

Of such - I concur. Then again that is why we are here at DBO. ;)

Weird feels.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:16 (3943 days ago) @ Leviathan

Weird for me was I was passively interested in what this dude out in the middle of a desert was doing, and what this game was... and then the hood came down, and I saw it was the Chief, and I immediately lost all interest.

I did not expect that. Even after how much I hated Halo 4.

Weird feels.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:41 (3943 days ago) @ Leviathan

Sony just announced no restrictions on used games.

No connection required to play.

OWNED SO HARD.

I feel your pain man, I just can't get an xbox one.

DICE making new Star Wars Battlefront

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 13:48 (3944 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That could be pretty amazing.

This is not the DICE news I was looking for ...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:02 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Kermit, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:17

[image]

Correction: just saw Xenos' post.

Look below

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:03 (3944 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

EA E3 2013 Conference

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:07 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

Star Wars Battlefront & Mirrors Edge? This is bad news. How am I going to play Destiny now?

Mirror's Edge 2 confirmed

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:00 (3944 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I may or may not have squealed with excitement

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:05 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

Just a little

YAY!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:07 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Please tell me

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:12 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

Please tell me this isn't an Xbox One Exclusive…

If it is I'll die 1000 deaths.

Please tell me

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:13 (3944 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It was announced at the EA conference (I was too lazy to make a new thread) so I doubt it'll be Xbox One only.

EA wouldn't be a dick like that

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:13 (3944 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

*cough*Titanfall*cough*

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:33 (3943 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Well, technically it comes out on the 360 as well, so it's not an XBO exclusive, but it is a Microsoft exclusive.

At least it's come oing for PC too

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:36 (3943 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

- No text -

You had my curiosity, E3, now you have my attention

by Jillybean, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:18 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

Wait, does this mean I need a next gen console?

Xbone, PS4, PC.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:19 (3944 days ago) @ Jillybean

- No text -

Sadly, it says "and later PC"

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:20 (3944 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

How does it play on PC?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:23 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

I felt pretty challenged just using my Xbox 360 controller on Mirror's Edge. Keyboard and mouse must be hell.

How does it play on PC?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:33 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I felt pretty challenged just using my Xbox 360 controller on Mirror's Edge. Keyboard and mouse must be hell.

While I haven't played it on PC my self - from second hand observations I have found that the answer to that is a resounding "NOPE".

How does it play on PC?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:55 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

It's easier actually…. A lot of the tricks give bigger boosts on the PC version too, and wall run kick jumping is easier if you bind jump to the mousewheel.

How does it play on PC?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 10, 2013, 15:45 (3943 days ago) @ Grizzlei

As Cody said, it's actually a bit easier for most.

And if things go worse, rather than better, you can always use a 360 controller.

There's no need to rain on my parade

by Jillybean, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:21 (3944 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Apparently it is going to be a reboot

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 15:32 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

Xbox E3 2013 Conference

by Ser Jergen, Monday, June 10, 2013, 14:11 (3944 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Overall I wasn't blown away by the MS Press Conference but Titanfall looked really interesting and Halo looked a little goofy to me. So far the EA Conference really excited me even more. BF4 honestly looks sick. I was expecting a clone of BF3 but they really brought their A-Game. And heck Battlefront 3!!!!

Ubisoft E3 2013 Conference

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 16:27 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Ugh. Sam Fisher is Dead/Retired to me with out Ironside. All in all the only thing that was at all interesting to me was "Tom Clancy's Division" which is a . . . Oh! . . . what a surprise, and OPEN WORLD RPG.

Go Fig.

For the rest of E3, every time you hear the word "Open World" take a drink of your favorite non-hardened beverage.

by Oholiab @, Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:12 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Ugh. Sam Fisher is Dead/Retired to me with out Ironside. All in all the only thing that was at all interesting to me was "Tom Clancy's Division" which is a . . . Oh! . . . what a surprise, and OPEN WORLD RPG.

Go Fig.

For the rest of E3, every time you hear the word "Open World" take a drink of your favorite non-hardened beverage.

Agree with you about Fisher.

I've got a lot to catch up on tonight after the kiddos go down. Xbox, Ubisoft, WWDC keynote... And best of all, Destiny (with bingo card in hand)

I'll catch up with you guys later tonight!

by Ser Jergen, Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:40 (3943 days ago) @ Oholiab

I bet The Division and Destiny will have similar gameplay mechanics (Drop in drop out seemless multiplayer/singleplayer)

Xbox E3 2013 Conference

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:15 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm hoping the distinguishing factor between Destiny and all the other run-of-the-mill open world games will be fun.

I can think of one...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:49 (3943 days ago) @ Kalamari

I'm hoping the distinguishing factor between Destiny and all the other run-of-the-mill open world games will be fun.

I honestly don't know much about the universe and gameplay of Destiny. I'm trying not to spoil myself too much before spending cumulative days playing what should be a stellar new epic. What I know for certain that'll make Destiny stand out from the crowd is an awesome developer and a community that thrives off of each other's love.

Awh look at me getting all sappy. :P

Well golly gee! Hugs ALL around!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 17:51 (3943 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Destiny Reveal!! ...Oh... & a PS4 E3 2013 Conference

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:01 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm just going to put this here. Might as well. :)

Somewhere in the next two hours (give or take) we shall blow up the forums in glorious speculation and excitement!

Here we go! ^ _ ^

[image]
[image]

My body is ready . . . I think.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:05 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I've driven 300 miles today, and dealt with a shreaded tire and whiny kids, but I've made it home in time to see it. The only thing keeping me awake right now is the extreme anticipation.

They are killing me with this delay

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:11 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:11 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

I've driven 300 miles today, and dealt with a shreaded tire and whiny kids, but I've made it home in time to see it. The only thing keeping me awake right now is the extreme anticipation.

I guess you could say its

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

*Destiny*

. . . .

I'll see my self out.

I saw a new quick Destiny moment, I almost crapped my pants

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:19 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Xenos, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:26

- No text -

You're only wearing one pant?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:26 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

Where's the other leg?

Oops

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:27 (3943 days ago) @ Beorn

It originally cut me off, I had to shorten the text, forgot to add the s.

Microsoft gave them a card

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:44 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

... and boy did Sony just PLAY THAT CARD!!!

As far as the internet thinks . . . Sony just won.

BUT WAIT!!!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:03 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

$399. HOLY HOTDOGS BATMAN! Its a freaking role reversal.

Gotta say...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:05 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm pretty sold on the PS4. Never thought I'd say that. Other than Halo 5, which I'm only mildly interested in, I don't see any reason for the Xbone.

Gotta say...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:10 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

I think if Titan wasn't on the PC I'd be a little bit more tempted, but now... only the controller makes me want one, but what good is a controller without anything amazing to play?

Gotta say...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 20:13 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm pretty sold on the PS4. Never thought I'd say that. Other than Halo 5, which I'm only mildly interested in, I don't see any reason for the Xbone.

Yea. Pretty much. Well . . . wow. Up is Down Left is Right & How am I going to get home? :P

I'm. stunned.

Microsoft did what the PS3 did last time & Sony did what the Xbox did last time.

Moral of the story: Just because you are in the lead don't mean you have won . . . or the bigger the ego the harder the fall. . . or something like that. I don't know. That general idea.

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:47 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Just got home from work...what's happening?!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:57 (3943 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Has Destiny come up yet?

You missed it!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 18:59 (3943 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Destiny is a free-to-play iPhone farmville clone!

(I'm a terrible person)

AUGHHH!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:02 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I'm guessing it'll be pretty close to last

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:04 (3943 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:04 (3943 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Not yet. Here's the stream.
http://www.ustream.tv/embed/443086

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:11 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

Not yet. Here's the stream.
http://www.ustream.tv/embed/443086

Nice. Thanks :)

Whoo!

Here it is!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 10, 2013, 19:47 (3943 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread