Screenshot Analysis

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 22:49 (3971 days ago)

I may add more in here as I see them. First one: Rolling thunder and it's leveling up perks

[image]
Ammunition: increase your ammo capacity

[image]
Accuracy: shots land closer to center of where you aim

[image]
Gathering storm: Grants temporary damage boost as you get kills

[image]
Stability: reduces recoil

[image]
Rolling Thunder: makes rounds penetrate and detonate

Wish I could see what the rest of them say. Also, Shut Up And Get Behind Me is an awesome name for a gun.

Should have been Shut Up and Get Behind Me… Sir.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 10, 2013, 22:50 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Sliding

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:01 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

Pretty obvious one, shot of player sliding:

[image]

Sliding

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:09 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

Pretty obvious one, shot of player sliding:

I wonder if sprinting and then crouching creates that action. That would be a pretty cool, logical thing to do.

Sliding

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 06:23 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

There also seems to be some form of double jumping or jetpacking.

HOORAY FOR THE RETURN OF MOBILITY IN SHOOTERS.

Possible clan?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:07 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]
Up in the top right, notice "Winter Moon"? Possible clan?

Unicorn

by Jillybean, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 02:04 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Spider Tank Weakpoints

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:21 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

At first I though they were just shooting the Demon Walker aimlessly, but it looks like there are weakpoints:

[image]
Such as when it stops moving as much after he blows off the leg

[image]
And here where the front comes forward and they shoot at what I assume is some kind of core

First you flip it, then you hit it in the weak point.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:36 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Twist it. Bop it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:40 (3971 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Skip it! Skip it! *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:47 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

… but the very best thing of all, there's a counter on this ball…

(Yeah I just wanted to post the lyrics to that commercial, my post not being related to anything be damned.)

In case you didn't get the reference...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:47 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

Possibly the greatest moment at any E3 ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g1fr5vk72M

Screenshot Analysis

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, June 10, 2013, 23:31 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

Rolling Thunder: makes rounds penetrate and detonate

Reminds me of the needler.

Destiny: Ghost Ride The Second Screen

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 03:44 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

Looks like it could be the case (how's that for definitive) that you'll be able to navigate the UI on a tablet based off the style they've got going on.

I like the idea being a hunter out in the wastes, finding some loot (even though I hate progression that way), and taking out my actual tablet to check it out and equip it, never having to hit start.

If only they somehow hooked it up such that you were engaging with the tablet that your character pulled out their own and was looking at it.

Probably could lead to hilarious animations where the character is running around tablet in hand, blind firing a revolver.

Screenshot Analysis

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 06:22 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

You get a critical text on a headshot now,

[image]

Public events can go bigger than the previously sauggested count of six players, notice the numbers, 5 guys here, then 2 20's walk in

[image]

[image]

One ability seems to be a double jump with a ground pound,

[image]

Red loot?

[image]

Screenshot Analysis

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 07:17 (3971 days ago) @ electricpirate

One ability seems to be a double jump with a ground pound,

Yeah I am wondering about that one. I saw it and couldn't figure out exactly what he was doing. Could even be jumpjets of some kind.

Screenshot Analysis

by Oz Mills, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 08:02 (3971 days ago) @ electricpirate

The red loot might be a graphical glitch, or floating XP a-la Fable.

"Critical" text visibility is important as it provides distinctive visual reward to the player that they've hit a weak point without causing the character model to move in a significant way that may make it easier to get additional criticals. Especially as elite characters don't seem to die instantly from a headshot, due to the game using health-bars for them.

Screenshot Analysis

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 08:47 (3971 days ago) @ Oz Mills

I generally prefer information in the game, as opposed to information in the UI for something like that. Reach had a great "HeadCock" animation for that kind of info.

I understand why they have more information in the UI, the ability to have weapons of wildly variable powers means that you don't have the kind of predictability you could rely on in Halo. Still, I feel like they could have found better ways to convey that.

Screenshot Analysis

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 08:52 (3971 days ago) @ electricpirate

I generally prefer information in the game, as opposed to information in the UI for something like that. Reach had a great "HeadCock" animation for that kind of info.

I understand why they have more information in the UI, the ability to have weapons of wildly variable powers means that you don't have the kind of predictability you could rely on in Halo. Still, I feel like they could have found better ways to convey that.

Yeah I mostly agree. I don't mind the critical stuff too much though as long as the rest of the game is solid. I actually ended up pretty happy with the ADS. They pretty much showed that at least with the pistol and AR that you could be pretty accurate without it. For those guns it seemed more like a helpful tool than anything.

Screenshot Analysis

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 09:05 (3971 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I mostly agree. I don't mind the critical stuff too much though as long as the rest of the game is solid. I actually ended up pretty happy with the ADS. They pretty much showed that at least with the pistol and AR that you could be pretty accurate without it. For those guns it seemed more like a helpful tool than anything.

ADS can really bring a shooter to a crawl, so I'm glad most of the weapons don't seem to rely on it's usage.

Screenshot Analysis

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 09:16 (3970 days ago) @ electricpirate

ADS can really bring a shooter to a crawl, so I'm glad most of the weapons don't seem to rely on it's usage.

From what I saw it looks like the Machine Gun will, but that at least makes sense, unless you are trying to suppress you have to ADS to hit a target at full auto.

Screenshot Analysis

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:05 (3970 days ago) @ electricpirate

Keep in mind that this is an early preview of Destiny. The UI could change quite a bit between now and release.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread