From Bungie: Destiny Update 2.0.1 (Destiny)

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 15:07 (3089 days ago)
edited by CougRon, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 15:25

Rerolling exotics!! Crucible bounty up on all characters!

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 15:42 (3089 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

From Bungie: Destiny Update 2.0.1

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 15:49 (3089 days ago) @ CougRon

Matchmaking has been updated to make it more competitive to reach The Lighthouse

I knew this was coming but I had hoped it wouldn't actually happen. Now I'll never get to the lighthouse...

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 15:52 (3089 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

They also said you wouldnt get thrown into really bad in progress losing matches, happens to me like once a day. But they did say in an earlier article that connection will take priority over matchmaking.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:26 (3089 days ago) @ TheeChaos

They also said you wouldnt get thrown into really bad in progress losing matches, happens to me like once a day.

my daily match yesterday
The link above unfortunately didn't catch the beginning of my match. I spawned in to a game that was already mercy ruled and was late enough that I didn't get my legendary marks, nor any rewards. It was just a complete waste of time. I was then spawned in to another game where I was able to kill one person and then mercy ruled less than 10 seconds after joining the match.

Join in Progress is perfect as is. Do not question it.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:30 (3089 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, Ragashingo.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:40 (3089 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 23:11 (3089 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

He has Stockholm Syndrome from 360 Matchmaking

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 23:30 (3088 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

No Back Up Plans trigger Force Barrier on Shotgun kills.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:01 (3089 days ago) @ CougRon

It says "Fixed an issue where No Back Up Plans did not consistently trigger Force Barrier on Shotgun kills", but this was never an option for Year 1 or Year 2.

Should make you more durable in PvE, not sure if it'll be good in Crucible. You have melee energy much more often than Super generally, but a blind bubble is pretty damn good still.

No Back Up Plans trigger Force Barrier on Shotgun kills.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:28 (3089 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

Yeah. That's very weird. They also had to unsay that the year two versions did the shotgun thing in a pervious weekly update. Maybe someone wants No Backup Plans to be useful and some other faction is fighting him? Or time travel?

No fix for Force Barrier vs Insurmountable Skullfort? :(

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:29 (3089 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

Boo-urns at lowered Weapon part drops.

by LostSpartan, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:32 (3089 days ago) @ CougRon

Boo-urns I say! :(

+1

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:34 (3089 days ago) @ LostSpartan

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:41 (3089 days ago) @ LostSpartan

Everything is lowered overall. Coins, Motes, etc. It's like they realized the game was too good and most of the grind gone, and they wanted to go back on that because MMO.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:23 (3089 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Everything is lowered overall. Coins, Motes, etc. It's like they realized the game was too good and most of the grind gone, and they wanted to go back on that because MMO.

Gotta agree with you here.

It's like they want all the people that stock-piled Strange Coins and Motes for year to slowly spend them and have their stock pile dwindle. Well, I never did that, so I'm constantly completely out of Motes and Coins, not too mention Weapon Parts!

I can take everything else, but grinding for weapon parts is absolutely the stupidest thing a player has to do in Destiny.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:25 (3089 days ago) @ cheapLEY

grinding for weapon parts is absolutely the stupidest thing a player has to do in Destiny.

So true

+1

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:01 (3089 days ago) @ unoudid

grinding for weapon parts is absolutely the stupidest thing a player has to do in Destiny.

So true

Yep. I never have enough.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:51 (3089 days ago) @ LostSpartan

Yeah, their phrasing confused me.

Weapon Parts from dismantling Uncommon or Rare Weapons have been reduced by around 25%

I get one weapon part from greens and blues. So now, will I get....

I guess .75 weapon parts?

All the +++

by Durandal, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:12 (3089 days ago) @ Morpheus

I still have 400+ motes, but I'm chronically out of weapons parts and strange coins. Making them harder to earn seems like a huge wall has been put into place given how you can't just get 27/week anymore. Add to that the really low drop rate of gear out of the raid, and Forever 29/31/33 seems to be back in play.

All the +++

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:28 (3089 days ago) @ Durandal
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:38

I still have 400+ motes, but I'm chronically out of weapons parts and strange coins. Making them harder to earn seems like a huge wall has been put into place given how you can't just get 27/week anymore. Add to that the really low drop rate of gear out of the raid, and Forever 29/31/33 seems to be back in play.

I only got to 240 like 3 days ago because you can't get legendary marks until you hit level 40 and a lot of the things that give you legendary marks don't open up until you get around 240 light (220 min/240 recommended for daily, 230ish/260 for weekly, 240ish/280 for nightfall). It's just as bad as how they would lock you out of Vanguard and Crucible rep until you were I think level 15 and lock you out of marks until level 18.

You can get more than one out of them

by Earendil, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:11 (3089 days ago) @ Morpheus

You get more than one weapon part if the weapon has experience in it. I usually get 5-6 out of a fully experienced legendary weapon.

Of important note, you don't need to upgrade the weapon (e.g. pay to acquire abilities) so long as each bubble has full experience.

If you have a few motes to spare, you can easily equip a few blues, toss a mote of light or two at them, and get 2x-3x as many weapon parts from them.

And since you can use motes to exp up weapons...

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:08 (3089 days ago) @ Earendil

It's like converting your hundreds of motes of light into weapon parts. Since a single mote charges every item you have equipped, and it takes only 6 motes to fully charge a rare quality heavy weapon (netting you 2 motes back from just that one item), you're basically running a zero-sum game with motes (as long as you're leveling an item in every slot when you use the mote) while gaining weapon parts galore (4-5 per fully leveled rare weapon)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:39 (3089 days ago) @ Morpheus

Yeah, their phrasing confused me.

Weapon Parts from dismantling Uncommon or Rare Weapons have been reduced by around 25%

I get one weapon part from greens and blues. So now, will I get....

I guess .75 weapon parts?

I think the change is to only reward the bonus parts at a higher level of experience. So you get 1 from a green, or 2 from a fully leveled green, or 2 from a blue, or 4 from a fully leveled blue (instead of 5). That sort of thing.

I literally have zero weapon parts right now.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:08 (3089 days ago) @ LostSpartan

So yeah, not a fan of this. If anything, they need to increase how often weapons drop and how parts payout.

I used to get a lot of my parts from weapons found in chests on Patrols and now I never see any. Plus the engrams I do get seem to be gear 3/4 of the time, so I usually have 100+ armor materials and very few parts. I've got a handful of guns that are leveled up but with most of the perks still locked.

I've actually been meaning to ask the forum for tips on this...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:35 (3089 days ago) @ Leviathan

It's pretty bad when I have enough hadium flakes and wormspore for the Touch of Malice quest, but I need to go farm weapon parts.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:40 (3089 days ago) @ Leviathan

I just thought of this:

Glimmer is super easy to get while doing normal activities now, especially since you get it in the raid. I've been buying synths so not to stay at the cap, but maybe spending it on green/blue weapons from whoever and sharding for the parts would be a better use, since I'm also running out of weapon parts.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 17:47 (3089 days ago) @ squidnh3

I just thought of this:

Glimmer is super easy to get while doing normal activities now, especially since you get it in the raid. I've been buying synths so not to stay at the cap, but maybe spending it on green/blue weapons from whoever and sharding for the parts would be a better use, since I'm also running out of weapon parts.

Those weapons tend to cost a chunk of change and pay out little though. I've tried it, but the ratio at which it sucked out my glimmer to how many weapon parts it gave me didn't feel worth keeping up at all. :/

But I'm also rarely at the cap and looking to get rid of Glimmer, so it might make sense for you.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:22 (3089 days ago) @ Leviathan

I just thought of this:

Those weapons tend to cost a chunk of change and pay out little though. I've tried it, but the ratio at which it sucked out my glimmer to how many weapon parts it gave me didn't feel worth keeping up at all. :/

But I'm also rarely at the cap and looking to get rid of Glimmer, so it might make sense for you.

It was a little better when the Cryptarch would sell low-level engrams, if you were lucky (because they could be white or green) you could buy green guns at like 60-80% the price of Gunsmith guns and get weapon parts that way.

You do know telemetries cost weapon parts, too, right?

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:03 (3089 days ago) @ squidnh3
edited by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:37

EDIT: My brain died and I thought synths and telemetries were the same thing, which they clearly aren't. Whoops!

10 parts per telemetry, iirc.

You do know synths cost weapon parts, too, right?

by squidnh3, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:35 (3089 days ago) @ Kahzgul

You freaked me out a bit there for a second. Only the telemetries cost weapon parts.

Also, if you do buy greens to shard for parts, buy the Suros ones from the Vanguard. They are much cheaper.

Whoops! (I've edited that post. Sorry!!!)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:37 (3089 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 23:58 (3089 days ago) @ Leviathan

So yeah, not a fan of this. If anything, they need to increase how often weapons drop and how parts payout.

Uh...

[image]

-- Steve's experience is apparently significantly different from yours.

PS: Pity I can't show up in the Tower and scalp some of those parts; cross my palm with Silver... :)

The one consolation to weapon parts

by Earendil, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:15 (3089 days ago) @ LostSpartan

It is lightly that most of us are usually way more weapon parts per week here in the opening stages than we will a month or two from now. This will only be a problem as we try and bring all our favorite weapons up to 300 (or more) but once that's done it'll just be the occasional weapon.

So this isn't a long term grind so much as a way to force some pacing. Bungie has always said they want people to make choices with their weapons.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 19:35 (3089 days ago) @ Earendil

It is lightly that most of us are usually way more weapon parts per week here in the opening stages than we will a month or two from now. This will only be a problem as we try and bring all our favorite weapons up to 300 (or more) but once that's done it'll just be the occasional weapon.

So this isn't a long term grind so much as a way to force some pacing. Bungie has always said they want people to make choices with their weapons.

Yeah. I had a couple thousand weapon parts when TTK dropped, then blew 80% of them on Faction rep on day 1. Right now I have about 800, and that's because I'm very selective about what I upgrade/level up when a DLC drops, because something great might just be around the corner (such as a Year 2 Messenger). I don't get the people that feel the need to upgrade absolutely everything the second they unlock the nodes, or feel like they had to bump up their entire collection to the max light level.

I am actually fairly low-ish on weapon parts on Xbox, but that's because I have so few drops there, but even so 90% of my gear is maxed out XP-wise, but pretty much none of the nodes are filled in. Gotta learn to conserve.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 19:36 (3089 days ago) @ Korny

I wish I hadn't blown my weapon parts on faction rep. Alas, I didn't realize I would need them so badly.

Rift

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:34 (3089 days ago) @ CougRon

Thieves' Den has been removed from the Rift playlist.

`Nough said.

Rift

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 22:38 (3089 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I actually don't get why it was removed. I really enjoyed rift on that map.

Rift

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 00:42 (3089 days ago) @ Kahzgul

By far my least favorite Rift map. It just feels very unbalanced.

Rift

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 09:35 (3089 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I enjoyed it, but I agree it felt unbalanced. My bet is they took it down exactly because of that.

Better than Black Shield/Pantheon

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 23:37 (3088 days ago) @ ZackDark

Spawntrapapalooza

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 16:49 (3089 days ago) @ CougRon

I'm the type of player for whom the addition of re-rolling weapons was bridge too far in terms of adding complexity to the game. Just setting the baseline here--there's a limit to how much I want to think about when it comes to the meta-game.

And regarding resources in the economy, I'm usually short on some resource either because I don't play enough or I'm not good enough. It's been an adjustment knowing I couldn't automatically get 27 strange coins every week if I needed them, yet I was heartened by how quickly I earned coins or motes in the TTK by doing varied activities I actually want to do. Now they've cut back, and with that my anxiety is back.

I'm just going to say, this is bit crazy making. I'm starting to feel what I've heard others say they feel, that the game is antagonistic. I love the game. I played two missions yesterday I hadn't played before that blew me away (the daily and the PS4 exclusive strike--at least the end of it). I'm less and less interested in the stress-inducing elements (like not having enough of something). I guess I should take my own advice and just not think about it, it's hard not to worry about every little decision when you're poor.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 18:37 (3089 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm the type of player for whom the addition of re-rolling weapons was bridge too far in terms of adding complexity to the game. Just setting the baseline here--there's a limit to how much I want to think about when it comes to the meta-game.

And regarding resources in the economy, I'm usually short on some resource either because I don't play enough or I'm not good enough. It's been an adjustment knowing I couldn't automatically get 27 strange coins every week if I needed them, yet I was heartened by how quickly I earned coins or motes in the TTK by doing varied activities I actually want to do. Now they've cut back, and with that my anxiety is back.

I'm just going to say, this is bit crazy making. I'm starting to feel what I've heard others say they feel, that the game is antagonistic. I love the game. I played two missions yesterday I hadn't played before that blew me away (the daily and the PS4 exclusive strike--at least the end of it). I'm less and less interested in the stress-inducing elements (like not having enough of something). I guess I should take my own advice and just not think about it, it's hard not to worry about every little decision when you're poor.

The grind is real if you let it be. Unfortunately they're really encouraging people to care about their light level by locking things with it and making things really hard if you're not high enough, and you need gear of every type to bring it up. There's also a kind of weird element where the engrams and rewards you get seem to be scaled in their attack and defense by your light level when they're produced, but they tend to be a few points below your current light level. Occasionally they're above it or significantly below it, and very rarely they're above it enough to really be significant. Because of that the rewards are fairly unlikely to be of any help unless your light level is buoyed one or two items or you're looking to fill a niche (getting some better hand cannon loader gauntlets for example).

However...

by yakaman, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:05 (3089 days ago) @ General Vagueness

The grind is real if you let it be.

TL;DR
TTK has been fabulous, but I can't keep pace!

I think you're basically saying "just play for fun and don't think too much about the meta"...Yes? No? YesNo? That's what I've been trying to do. BUT!

I think Kermit is speaking to the anxiety that comes with "unless I do X, Y, Z in the best way possible, I'll fall behind". This is a very real thing, especially when it comes to, say, the best Crucible or Iron Banner build or something.

In my case, it's working against me playing Destiny. I have less time to play than normal, and on the horizon lie Halo 5 and (the big one) Fallout 4. I cannot allocate enough time to Destiny to stay relatively "optimal". This stresses me out. I've taken about 10 days off (due to work) and already feel a bit left behind.

I'll probably catch up in the next couple of weeks, but once the other stuff comes along I can't imagine keeping up with the Jones' of Destiny.

My problem, not Destiny's.

However...

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 20:05 (3088 days ago) @ yakaman

The grind is real if you let it be.

TL;DR
TTK has been fabulous, but I can't keep pace!

I think you're basically saying "just play for fun and don't think too much about the meta"...Yes? No? YesNo? That's what I've been trying to do. BUT!

I think Kermit is speaking to the anxiety that comes with "unless I do X, Y, Z in the best way possible, I'll fall behind". This is a very real thing, especially when it comes to, say, the best Crucible or Iron Banner build or something.

That's kind of what I was trying to say after that sentence. They've done a lot to encourage you not to ignore it.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:11 (3089 days ago) @ Kermit

This is why they are only putting it on exotics though. Armor perks won't help a TON in Crucible, and they are limited anyway, so it's just a matter of "I love my Sealed Ahamkara Grasps, but I wish it had the perk to throw grenades further instead of faster melee attack speed" kind of situations.

Edit: though it looks like that one isn't changeable! But still, same idea.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:32 (3089 days ago) @ Xenos

This is why they are only putting it on exotics though. Armor perks won't help a TON in Crucible, and they are limited anyway, so it's just a matter of "I love my Sealed Ahamkara Grasps, but I wish it had the perk to throw grenades further instead of faster melee attack speed" kind of situations.

I'm not big on re-rolling weapons, but I think it might be okay on exotics (I still wish they just had set perks--I don't want to deal with wanting to keep two versions of Light Beyond Nemesis). The thrust of my post was about Bungie reducing the drop rates of strange coins and motes of light. I like to live within my means in Destiny's economy, and my "standard of living" in TTK has been higher. Because I felt richer I felt more comfortable investing in stuff I liked even though it might not be the ideal item of its type. I've been having more fun. I'm the player who agonizes over decisions regarding purchases, what to upgrade, etc. Less coinage means more agony (for me and I know that's on me).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread