Destiny live broadcast at 2pm Pacific

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 13:59 (3944 days ago)

Thanks, Grizzlei!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:00 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Demo synopsis/liveblog

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:02 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei
edited by Grizzlei, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:01

- Joe on stage
- PlayStation 4
- Six players going to be on.
- Same area (Old Russia) as the Sony press conference
- Future Russia was fleeing to the stars because of vehement, "in your face" gays.
- He started narrating it like the E3 2004 Halo 2 demo. :P
- Darla/Starla(?) replaces Jason Jones as his partner. They're going to meet a "Josh" in a "little bit."
- Both Bungie employees are wearing Destiny faction shirts.
- The Ghost is out and about.
- "We always visit such cheerful places" - Ghost
- "Oh it looks even better up here" - Ghost
- That has to be Peter Dinklage < UPDATE: I'm a prophet
- Joe's aim is better today
- Joe used the knife against a Fallen troop
- Joe got a CRITICAL with his last revolver round. How? I dunno...
- Those reload animations are neato.
- Lots of magic use. Great effects.
- Archon Slayer killed Darla/Starla.
- RIXIS, ARCHON SLAYER enemy. Is "Rixis" his or her name?
- Grab dem lewts
- Viper and Duke are two weapon names.
- He's back to the Thunderlord. Undoubtedly will kill nothing. :P
- Darla/Starla has the long rifle.
- I like netting. Netting is cool.
- Joe is carrying three weapons. Assault rifle, revolver, and Thunderlord.
- Three rusted out Soviet-era/contemporary Russian tanks in the courtyard.
- TITAN SPACE MAGIC!
- Poor Russian starships :(
- Bungie does starship flyovers so well.
- God damn stream...
- Joe is much better with the Thunderlord.
- Attempting revivals in battle is an easy way to die.
- Devil Walker appears to have a main gun, four missiles mounted right of the turret, and a rotary cannon under the cockpit/forward section.
- Meh-ish cinematic trailer
- Pretty Guardian starfighter :)
- That's it, dudes.
- "We'll have more news in the months ahead." - Joe
- Few old faces playing this demo and a few new

My liveblog

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:08 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Staten's first pistol shot was sick

Demo synopsis/liveblog

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:17 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

DeeJ confirms that the Ghost is voiced by Peter Dinklage!

Hell yes! Dinklage for the win.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:42 (3944 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Demo synopsis/liveblog

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:30 (3944 days ago) @ Beorn

Staten did just confirm that every Guradian gets issued a ghost when they become a Guardian and that they are an important story companion.

"Hey, listen!"

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:57 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

"Hey, listen!"

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:59 (3943 days ago) @ ZackDark

Demo synopsis/liveblog

by kapowaz, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:37 (3944 days ago) @ Beorn

Pretty sure the voiceover in the final cutscene was Bill Nighy, too.

Demo synopsis/liveblog

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:49 (3943 days ago) @ kapowaz

Pretty sure the voiceover in the final cutscene was Bill Nighy, too.

There were parts of that voiceover where I could have sworn it was the person who voiced Col. Herzog in I Love Bees. And then there were other parts where it didn't sound that way at all. :)

Stand Up Comedy - inb4stuntmutt

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:28 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- Same area (Old Russia) as the Sony press conference

IN OLD RUSSIA, GUARDIANS KILL YOU.

Tip your waitress!

Demo synopsis/liveblog

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:59 (3943 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Staten mentions picking up ammo after killing a the Fallen boss. Guessing all enemies will drop generic ammo.

Demo synopsis/liveblog

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:03 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

Staten mentions picking up ammo after killing a the Fallen boss. Guessing all enemies will drop generic ammo.

A lot of the guns seem energy based. Makes sense.

I feel so gullible

by Beckx, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:09 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Jones death was part of the script for the demo. :(

I feel so gullible

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:00 (3944 days ago) @ Beckx

Jones death was part of the script for the demo. :(

I kind of suspected it was. Their goal isn't so much a truly authentic play-through as a demonstration of a lot of the basic game mechanics.

I feel so gullible

by Jillybean, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:18 (3944 days ago) @ Beckx

Dude - never believe a demo!

In my defense

by Beckx, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:05 (3943 days ago) @ Jillybean

I remember when Ultima Online launched, they had a huge end of Beta event where Richard Garriot showed up, roleplaying his Lord British character.

He forgot to turn on his invulnerability flag and a player killed him.

I feel so gullible

by Oz Mills, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 07:29 (3943 days ago) @ Beckx

Lots of other stuff was too. The first time they see enemies, then turn a corner, you'll notice the 2nd player launch the Red Matter (whatever it is) every time.

I also wouldn't be suprised if the 2nd player was a scripted bot. He seemed to be uncannily good at aiming with the "powered-up" orange-glow pistol shots.

I feel so gullible

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:23 (3943 days ago) @ Oz Mills

I also wouldn't be suprised if the 2nd player was a scripted bot. He seemed to be uncannily good at aiming with the "powered-up" orange-glow pistol shots.

Nah, they've just played it a lot. I've seen both the hunter and Staten miss HORRIBLY in some of the gameplay demos. Sometimes you can even catch Staten saying things that are nudging the other player it's basically "their cue"

I feel so gullible

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 10:13 (3943 days ago) @ Oz Mills

I don't think so. That girl on the second presentation missed a few shots Jones didn't.

I feel so gullible

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, June 13, 2013, 05:39 (3942 days ago) @ ZackDark

I don't think so. That girl on the second presentation missed a few shots Jones didn't.

Yeah it was interesting to where she did better or worse. Good to know that while some of it was scripted, it was still 7+? players up there having a great time together. Also by scripted, that player was merely doing things a certain way to demonstrate things like the red grenade or getting killed by the Slayer jumping out of the pipe.

What I love about it was how it showed how much it mattered how well you play. You can power up that pistol all you want, but you have to hit your mark to make it worth it.

Much respect Bungie, much respect.

I hope someone was recording that

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:38 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I only caught a bit near the end but that was great. Just seeing the demo played again a little differently in a bit higher quality has me more amped than yesterday. I probably care a little too much about sound design, but it was nice to hear the game without all the nasty reverb of the Sony conference hall. All the little drippy splishy splashy water sounds as they're exiting the wall, the huge explosion in the distance as the Fallen ships drop out of hyperspace and come tearing overhead...awesome stuff.

Sony did.

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 14:50 (3944 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Good stuff starts at 4:35

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:04 (3944 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

You can watch it here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/34183599

Awesome, thanks for the link!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:07 (3944 days ago) @ Beorn

Is the 4:35 stuff Gamespot?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:11 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

Is the 4:35 stuff Gamespot?

No, I meant 4 mins, 35 secs into the Ustream video. It's just footage of people on the show floor until then.

Duh, I'm an idiot

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:13 (3944 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Sony did.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:32 (3943 days ago) @ Hypertrooper

You can watch it here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/34183599

Thanks. Damn, I wish someone would rip this into a video file I could download. My awful DSL connection can't stream it for shit.

Lemme see what I can do

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:33 (3943 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Got it! Destiny Booth Demo

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 21:24 (3943 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

YES! Thanks man!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 21:27 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Can't Get It To Work

by Hoovaloov, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 04:44 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for posting this!

Unfortunately, when I click Download on Dropbox, it seems like it completes the whole 165 MB download, but when I try to play it (using a variety of players), all I get is audio and a black screen. VLC and Adobe Premiere can't even open it at all. Using browser downloaders, I managed to grab a small version of the file at 640 x 342 resolution and 100 MB. Is this the biggest size available on the Dropbox link you posted? I'd like to get the highest res version possible. Thanks!

Can't Get It To Work

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:20 (3943 days ago) @ Hoovaloov

Thanks for posting this!

Unfortunately, when I click Download on Dropbox, it seems like it completes the whole 165 MB download, but when I try to play it (using a variety of players), all I get is audio and a black screen. VLC and Adobe Premiere can't even open it at all. Using browser downloaders, I managed to grab a small version of the file at 640 x 342 resolution and 100 MB. Is this the biggest size available on the Dropbox link you posted? I'd like to get the highest res version possible. Thanks!

Honestly this is the first time I've tried it through Dropbox, it may be that Dropbox won't let public files over 100MB be downloaded. Streaming it seems to work okay, but I can't try downloading it because my work blocks Dropbox.

Can't Get It To Work

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, June 29, 2013, 19:00 (3925 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for posting this!

Honestly this is the first time I've tried it through Dropbox, it may be that Dropbox won't let public files over 100MB be downloaded. Streaming it seems to work okay, but I can't try downloading it because my work blocks Dropbox.

I'm having the same problem. I looked at the information VLC gives on what's playing and it said there wasn't a video component at all. When I try to watch it on Ustream or through your link it's kind of slow and jittery and the audio and video don't match up, which I think is because of my computer and its slowness (hence trying to download it). I'm still catching up on Destiny stuff and I'd like to see this in a watchable state... any thoughts, suggestions?

Fixed... for now.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, June 29, 2013, 23:15 (3925 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Okay, I posted it as an unlisted video on YouTube. Don't want to get in trouble for posting something I don't have the rights to, but here it is for the DBO community at least.

Fixed... for now.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, June 30, 2013, 09:58 (3925 days ago) @ Xenos

thank you very much
does anyone have suggestions about which other things to read or watch to catch up?

Neat!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 15:04 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

From Gamespot interview with Joe Staten

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:35 (3944 days ago) @ Grizzlei

* Every character gets a ghost as an important story companion
* Everything you see is a playable space
* Everyone has a speeder bike
* Still working on what the upper limit will be for public events and fireteams, want to foremost make sure it's fun

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:42 (3944 days ago) @ Xenos

* There will be public places where anyone can join in your game or places where you are with your fireteam and no one else.
* Spaceship is primarily to get you from place to place but they don't have more to say about it yet
* Can't talk about PC, but wants to be on as many platforms as possible. Painful not being able to talk about it.
* Definitely will have plenty of cinematic gameplay but will also have bite size story pieces

If you find a link...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:05 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

If you find a link to that interview, I'd love to watch it.

If you find a link...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:08 (3943 days ago) @ Beorn

Sorry guys, thought I posted a link

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/stage-1-day-1/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

You have to scroll to 4:30 then click on "Watch" under Destiny.

If you find a link...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:10 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

Looks like they may not have posted the recorded version yet.

by ckamp, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:07 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

Could you point me to the interview? I failed in my google search...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:08 (3943 days ago) @ ckamp

Could you point me to the interview? I failed in my google search...

Thanks!

by ckamp, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:06 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:01 (3943 days ago) @ Xenos

No lie!?

Last one to the top of the Russian spaceship is a rotten egg!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:20 (3943 days ago) @ RC

No lie!?

I'm going to check the glove box of every one of those rusted cars for hidden loot.

The Walking Destiny

by Avateur @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 19:01 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

Watch your back bluerunner! Zombie Fallen everywhere! Get that loot and get out of there!

The Walking Destiny

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 19:29 (3943 days ago) @ Avateur

You don't know how bad I want a crossbow in this game. And a pancho. My ideal character would be a mix of Daryl Dixon and Josey Wales.

The Walking Destiny

by Avateur @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 19:37 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

A crossbow that fires bolts. And bees. And lightning. Yeah. That'd be my dream weapon.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 21:56 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

No lie!?

Hell yeah! That's honestly the biggest question I had. The linearity of the demo had me wondering for a bit.

I'm going to check the glove box of every one of those rusted cars for hidden loot.

I got your back, man.

I hope Guardians come equipped with a Bag of Holding. My ship is just going to be crammed full of loot. You can tell I'm coming on the scene when you see a big fat old cargo shuttle come chugging low over the hills at about 60MPH belching smoke everywhere. :3

+40 Glimmer to someone who extracts the audio to MP3

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 17:10 (3943 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Link to GameSpot Interview

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 19:26 (3943 days ago) @ Mix

Great interview.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:13 (3943 days ago) @ Beorn

There was so much that I liked in what I heard. The big thing is that I just want to ride around in those huge areas and explore. The gameplay also looked better in this one.

And since I haven't seen anyone else mention it...dat water.

Great interview.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:24 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yep. Answered a lot of the short term questions I had about what was shown.

Aqua

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:38 (3943 days ago) @ bluerunner

And since I haven't seen anyone else mention it...dat water.

Tell me about it! Holy schmoly!

60fps?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 14:45 (3943 days ago) @ Grizzlei

It's really not that important but does anyone know if they've announced whether Destiny will run in 60fps on next gen systems?

More classes

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 18:08 (3942 days ago) @ Grizzlei

From the Harold Ryan GI interview whether there are more classes "you'll have to wait and see." Hmm, wonder if they are testing other classes, or they are talking about advance classes, or if he's just pulling our chain.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread