*OT The other E3 games

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 16:49 (3969 days ago)

I know we're all fawning over every second of video and hanging on every word that comes out of Bungie's mouth right now, but I want to know what other games you guys are excited about? What other games that you have seen will you be playing, if you can tear yourself away from Destiny?

For me, I am ecstatic for the return of Mirror's Edge! So shiny...
Also, Transistor from Supergiant looks wonderful, and the music is chilling.

Games that have my interest piqued enough to check out: Infamous Second Son, Titanfall, Killzone Shadow Fall, The Division, Metal Gear

Also, it's cool seeing all the MMOs that are coming to consoles now. Elder Scrolls, Planetside 2, DC Universe Online. I don't know if I will check them out right away, but maybe sometime down the line.

What about all of you?

*OT The other E3 games

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:02 (3969 days ago) @ Mr Daax
edited by Grizzlei, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:52

Destiny - I'm not going to explain myself.
Metal Gear Solid V - Okay I might have to with this one. I've been a fan since the PS1 days and I can't seem to shake my addiction. But it's a nice addiction. I think Kiefer Sutherland can bring a lot to a portrayal of Naked Snake. His voice may seem out of whack but his talent as a performer more than suits him for the trials of a complicated man. Open world gameplay excites me plenty. I foresee myself spending weeks in this game. Oh and sniper boobs. I will probably cosplay as Quiet...or Code Talker.
Kingdom Hearts III - We've waited far too fucking long. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU SQUARE ENIX!
Halo 2014 - Dem cloaks
Mirror's Edge - I rather enjoy jumping to my death in a gorgeous city.
Final Fantasy XV - Did you really need a name change? Well, anyhoo, I love more action-based FF tales. The more contemporary setting is a nice contrast to its very rustic aesthetic.
Sunset Overdrive - Because "Why the fuck not" is usually fun. Colors are nice.
World of Tanks - I loved it on PC, but I don't play with any friends. Who's going to join me? PLEASE?!
World of Warships - DRADIS CONTACT! Japanese battleship, bearing 117, carom 087
Project Spark and Knack - They look like fun, simple, and cute games. I want more of these in my collection.
Infamous: Second Sun - I want it because I can see my house. But Seattle really isn't all that gloomy.
Crimson Dragon - Because Dragoons
Mad Max - I believed this to be Destiny at first. Both bleak, desolate lands filled with rich characters. I expect this game to be nothing but ridiculous post-apocalyptic fun.
Transistor - I can't imagine Supergiant doing anything bad.
Forza Motorsport 5 - I only buy these games to humiliate sexist asshats by winning.
Killzone: Shadow Fall - Interesting dynamic they've introduced between the Space Americans and Space Nazis with a Space Iron Curtain. Looks retry, there's colorful shrubbery, and I need to kill someone in space on my new PS4.
The Division - Might be fun. Looks pretty and social intensive. I like that. Can't be as terrible as previous Tom Clancy games.
Titanfall - Mechanized Infantry at its finest. Plus it's the closest we'll get to an Attack on Titan game for awhile.
X - More mechs. Too bad I don't have a Wii U.
Quantum Break - I dunno what this is but I'm excited.
The Crew - I dunno. It's fun?
Watch Dogs - I will thoroughly enjoy this dickery simulator.
Star Wars Battlefront - Eight years. Eight long ass motherfucking years. Finally! :)
Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefront 4 - I'll buy these for my boyfriend and probably won't play much of them myself. These two games have such a pretentious storyline. Emphasis on special forces over regular joes is rather boring. Needless to say, the multiplayer is still always a blast when you find yourself in a good match.

*OT The other E3 games

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:13 (3969 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Watch Dogs of course! Also, I don't do racing games all that much, but The Crew impressed me the most out of all the ones shown, apart from Mario Kart 8 which I will definitely enjoy with my Nintendo-fanboy friends along with the new Smash Bros.

Mirror's Edge. Battlefront. That is all. Tea, Earl Gray, hot

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:36 (3969 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

The Division and Forza 5 sound kick-ass, too

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 18:36 (3969 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

*OT The other E3 games

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 19:07 (3969 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Mirror's Edge 2 - Oh, you beautiful, beautiful game, I have waited so long for you. It's weird to feel so relieved, because it doesn't even actually have a release date (or even a window) yet, but just having EA and Dice admit that it's in development feels like enough for now.

Forza 5 - Microsoft should thank their lucky stars that they have Turn 10, because this game is the reason I'll end up buying an XBox One on launch day. Turn 10 have now made 4 outstanding driving sims, and at this point I trust them to deliver one more than I trust Polyphony Digital.

*OT The other E3 games

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 19:57 (3969 days ago) @ Mr Daax

New Star Wars Battlefront, just because 1 and 2 were good. If it turns out to not be in my tastes, I won't mourn it. I'm not looking for much in the way of video games, really, especially not next-gen exclusives.

*OT The other E3 games

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:04 (3969 days ago) @ Mr Daax

DESTINY!
Transistor.
Star Wars Battlefront.
FFXV.

*OT The other E3 games

by Jillybean, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 01:43 (3969 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Not a huge amount for me. I'm keen on Watchdogs but I already knew it was coming. The real big squee for me was Mirror's Edge. I was going to buy AC Black Flag anyway, but their demo (asides from the crash) looked like more of the same and I was one of the few who didn't like the ship combat in 3, I'm just can't quit the series.

*OT The other E3 games

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 02:05 (3969 days ago) @ Jillybean

The real big squee for me was Mirror's Edge.

Destiny aside, if I had to pick one game that I am more excited for than any other from this E3, it would be Mirror's Edge :)

DUCK TALES

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 14, 2013, 10:47 (3967 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

LEGO Marvel Superheroes!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 14, 2013, 15:22 (3966 days ago) @ Mr Daax

It wasn't shown during the conferences, but it was at E3 and it looks incredibly fun.

Yes, I am a kid at heart :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread