Adam sessler interviews Joe Staten

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 20:57 (3943 days ago)

More good questions, and more than a few non answers in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN8f14eMn-I

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 21:18 (3943 days ago) @ electricpirate

Very good. And Adam was good in that he asked questions that could be answered and flowed when he nudged just a bit too far. I hate game journalists that ask the "So, tell us exactly what the Traveler is and why humanity is under attack" type questions that help no one and just waste time.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:24 (3943 days ago) @ Ragashingo

And Adam was good in that he asked questions that could be answered and flowed when he nudged just a bit too far.

Yeah, Sessler is fantastic. And Staten was prepared to wiggle his way around those questions really well, too, avoiding the "actual" question without wasting Sessler's time.

Very, very good interview from both parties.

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 21:48 (3943 days ago) @ electricpirate

This interview was great. You can tell Adam liked what he saw and is very excited to see more. I like it when a journalist is an actual fan.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:10 (3943 days ago) @ Mix

This interview was great. You can tell Adam liked what he saw and is very excited to see more. I like it when a journalist is an actual fan.

Agreed. Adam held a great interview and you could tell that he's familiar with and genuinely interested in Bungie's style. It was good to hear Joe talk a little more openly about the genre uncertainty, character customization, and how the open world will work. I'll post this first thing in the morning so that it doesn't get lost in tomorrow's news.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 22:32 (3943 days ago) @ Beorn

The only scary thing is this strange Activation / Sony deal. I know we all just signed up for PSN accounts… but are we to the point of actively hating the Xbone players and wishing them to get crappier stuff because of deals between multibillion dollar companies? Or does that come after Microsoft announces a "Destiny killer"?

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 06:37 (3942 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I don't think they'll want a destiny killer if global saves and everything works out.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 08:29 (3942 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I don't think they'll want a destiny killer if global saves and everything works out.

I think if anything it's a matter of pride. They let Bungie go to hold on to the Halo franchise. If Destiny surpasses Halo they look kind of dumb. I don't know how much that actually plays into things of course. I think in Microsoft's book it would be awesome if Destiny sold just a few less copies than Halo 5.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 00:46 (3943 days ago) @ Mix

Seriously! That was a fantastic interview. Adam's enthusiasm was palpable and he asked some really pertinent questions. Joe's answers were great as well. The thing about private/public spaces really clears up a lot of grey area. This combined with the gameplay demo and Deej's interview that streamed earlier today have really got me psyched.

Hmm...

by Lurono @, Oklahoma, USA, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 23:12 (3943 days ago) @ electricpirate

Very good interview! Haven't gotten the chance to watch Sessler do his thing as much lately; I trust his opinions and where he directs his enthusiasm.

Anyway, things I noticed...

• Every player has their own loot stream, so no worries about others stealing your stuff
  • It sounded like all weapons are upgradeable, not just some
  • There are both public an private areas and the game will tell you when you enter either

I've seen others say it here before, but feel the need to echo it a bit more... This is the kind of game Bungie set out to make when they started Halo. Bring together aspects of games they love into something they want to play, and that hopefully we will too =)

Hmm...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 23:16 (3943 days ago) @ Lurono

I also just noticed while watching it that Staten's character is holding more than 3 weapons, but he only has 3 equipped. Not surprising with what kind of game it is but good to know.

I have no doubt in my mind we will play it endlessly. :p

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 05:40 (3943 days ago) @ Lurono

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread