Squids Trial Event Question (Fireteam Builder Events)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, November 01, 2015, 21:02 (3097 days ago)

It says monday trials but the date is set for today (Sunday) :) What's the deal squid?

Heh. I didn't even notice when I signed up :p

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, November 02, 2015, 00:23 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

Squids Trial Event Question

by squidnh3, Monday, November 02, 2015, 00:28 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

Sorry, it was supposed to be Monday. My brain may have been addled by too many roller coasters. Just got back from spending the weekend at Kings Island in Cincinnati.

Cedar Point > King's Island

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 02, 2015, 00:46 (3097 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

by squidnh3, Monday, November 02, 2015, 00:53 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

Agreed. Cedar Point is my home park (I think I went 5 times this year), but my season pass works at both. Cedar Point doesn't have The Beast at night though. And Banshee is better than Raptor.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 02, 2015, 00:57 (3097 days ago) @ squidnh3

I haven't been to Cedar Point since HS when I lived in NW Ohio. Last time I went was the year the Millennium Force opened. Great coaster but don't ride at night. Bugs at 90 mph hurt like hell. I think my favorite ride is the one that just goes up or down, can't remember the name. I like to take the slow ride up, look out over the water and then get shot down. Da best.

by squidnh3, Monday, November 02, 2015, 00:59 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

That would be Magnum XL200. It's still my favorite as well. I'm closing in on 300 rides on it since 2004.

*Actually upon reread, you mean Power Tower.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 02, 2015, 01:11 (3097 days ago) @ squidnh3

Yeah Power Tower. That's it. I remember riding the Magnum after Millenium Force and feeling so disappointed. Hard to believe the tallest coaster now is 450+.

by Funkmon @, Monday, November 02, 2015, 01:03 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

Bugs at 90 mph hurt like hell.

I once rode through a mayfly hatch that I thought was dust going about 100 on my bike.

Holy fuck. It didn't hurt, but it was absolutely disgusting. Lost a little traction on the road, thought I was going to die. That was the last time I went over 90.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 02, 2015, 01:14 (3097 days ago) @ Funkmon

I was remembering the beetles with stupid thick exoskeletons. Why did they put the lights so close to the track?

by Funkmon @, Monday, November 02, 2015, 01:57 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

That sounds absolutely horrible. Glad the only thing I ride there is the Scrambler.

Ever go to St. Louis and see the horse flies they have there?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 02, 2015, 02:17 (3097 days ago) @ Funkmon

Been through St. Louis, but never noticed any bugs. Being from Louisiana, we have some good ones down here. I used to spend alot of time in the woods. These guys

[image]

are some horrible trolls. Their webs are super big and strong and the spiders themselves are about 4 in across. Their pattern keeps them hidden though, so you usually don't see them till they are in your face. Freaks me out everytime.

by Funkmon @, Monday, November 02, 2015, 04:52 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

Their pattern keeps them hidden though, so you usually don't see them till they are in your face.

I hear that's the reason Sam Neil had to reconfigure his face in Event Horizon.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, November 02, 2015, 12:35 (3097 days ago) @ red robber

So, fun story. When I graduated from high school in 2003, my Dad offered to take me and some friends to an amusement park instead of doing a graduation party, since I was relatively antisocial and hated parties. Dad assured me that there was lots to do besides roller coasters (I was not, and am not, a roller coaster person).

I think you can see where this is going. The park was Cedar Point, and for the uninitiated, it's pretty much all coasters. Sometimes Dad's memory is a little fuzzy on specifics.

So, yeah, I have ridden Millenium Force, despite having a major problem with heights, and a somewhat lesser problem riding in vehicles which I'm not in control of. It was pretty impressive, though.

Cedar Point is 90% Coasters.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, November 02, 2015, 22:24 (3096 days ago) @ stabbim

Def not the place to go if you don't like coasters. There are other things to do, but that is by far the main attraction. Cool that you road the Millenium Force though. Very ballsy for a guy who dislikes heights and automated rides.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 02, 2015, 03:33 (3097 days ago) @ squidnh3

Agreed. Cedar Point is my home park (I think I went 5 times this year), but my season pass works at both. Cedar Point doesn't have The Beast at night though. And Banshee is better than Raptor.

True story. The raptor is so tame I took a mixed Rubik's cube on the ride, and finished before it ended. No joke.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread