Saturday morning trials event (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Oholiab @, Friday, November 06, 2015, 18:01 (3087 days ago)

To those who are tentative for Junior's Trials run tomorrow: would 07:00 PST be a better time? His day is pretty flexible tomorrow and Lord knows he will be awake and itching to play...

Only If He Wants A Non-Awake Teammate

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, November 06, 2015, 18:49 (3087 days ago) @ Oholiab

9AM was fine for me, no way I'll be out of bed and had my coffee by 7AM.

Saturday morning trials event

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, November 06, 2015, 20:58 (3086 days ago) @ Oholiab

To those who are tentative for Junior's Trials run tomorrow: would 07:00 PST be a better time? His day is pretty flexible tomorrow and Lord knows he will be awake and itching to play...

I'm up for whenever. Whatever works best for everyone else.

-Disciple

Saturday morning trials event

by squidnh3, Friday, November 06, 2015, 21:45 (3086 days ago) @ Oholiab

I apologize for my wishy-washy-ness; I've lately been struggling with the fact that some of the FTB events are getting scheduled so far in advance. I'd like to do a lot of them, but sometimes IRL stuff comes up, and I'm trying to avoid prioritizing Destiny over physical activities, but I also don't want to be the guy that signs up and then de-commits all the time. Unfortunately, this is one case where it's not going to work out. I'd like to take advantage of the unusually nice November weather here in Michigan, so I'm going to go play Ultimate at noon EST, and while I'll likely be online before that, one of my good friends would like to play Halo 5 (which I finally broke down and bought) at that time as well.

I'm probably making way to big of a deal about this, but it's an ongoing struggle of mine. It looks like your son might have 3 anyway, so hopefully everything will work out. Maybe next week!

You missed it.

by Funkmon @, Friday, November 06, 2015, 23:08 (3086 days ago) @ squidnh3

Tomorrow it's going to be cold as butts and rainy.

You missed it.

by squidnh3, Friday, November 06, 2015, 23:35 (3086 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm seeing 50s and cloudy. Beautiful weather!

no worries!

by Oholiab @, Saturday, November 07, 2015, 02:28 (3086 days ago) @ squidnh3

that's what tentative means: tentative (:

I appreciate your desire to prioritize outdoor time and physical activity over sitting indoors playing video games. I also appreciate your desire to "let your yes be yes".

In short, like most of the DBO crowd, you're the kind of gamer that I want my son gaming with. See you starside.

Good Luck Team Oholiab!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, November 07, 2015, 04:11 (3086 days ago) @ Oholiab

Remember, it's all in fun. Just relax, stay away from the few long lanes, and be prepared for some up close battles. It's way different than last week. I'd recommend HC's if you are good with them, fast PR's like Hawksaw and Bad Juju, and even auto rifles.

They gave it their best

by Oholiab @, Saturday, November 07, 2015, 20:51 (3085 days ago) @ red robber

They didn't make the lighthouse, but Junior had a LOT of fun with Disciple and BeardFade. I got to watch a few clutch moments that were pretty spectacular. Pretty sure he'll want me to set something up every weekend that our schedule allows it.

The best part is that he finally made it over 300. He's thrilled - and far outpacing his old man.

This was tons of fun!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, November 08, 2015, 19:39 (3084 days ago) @ Oholiab

I wish I had remembered to start streaming before we started. There were a lot of really close, really crazy games.

There were some pretty clutch plays throughout the day, but the dumb luck plays were some of the best :p

[image]

Tell Junior thanks for setting this up! I can't wait to give it another go!

-Disciple

I'd be happy to play again the next time

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Monday, November 09, 2015, 19:09 (3083 days ago) @ Oholiab

We got stuck at 5 wins both times. Next time we will do better. Plus, Saturday morning is a prime time for me to play. Love it.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread