Gonna need a few for the Warpriest... (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 02:03 (3065 days ago)

I've only got 2 "maybes"...so if anyone still needs/wants to challenge the Warpriest on Heroic, I'll be starting in an hour (or less). XBone. mid7night

Need ONE on XBone for Warpriest NAO ... At the Totems

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 03:16 (3065 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

Gonna need a few for the Warpriest...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 05:38 (3065 days ago) @ Mid7night

So... whoever said doing the challenge was worth it... was totally right.

Warpriest dropped for me:

Defiance of Yasmin, 310
Hallowed Quillim's Terminus, 320
Hallowed Elium's Frenzy, 315
Artifact, 310
Artifact, 320

Brought me up from 308 to 311.

Took longer than any of us expected it to (I don't think it was the difficulty, just bad luck and some carelessness), but it was totally worth it. Thanks, all!

I blame Funkmon...

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 05:57 (3065 days ago) @ Claude Errera

FTW! ;)

+100 for sticking with it guys!

It was totally just stupid silly things messing us up, because the final attempt that actually finished it literally took maybe 7 minutes...?

Also; thanks for not blocking me. :P

Always correct to blame Funkmon.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 06:56 (3065 days ago) @ Mid7night

Sorry if I came across as brash to people I don't play with often. I know how annoying it is to be stuck at a spot for no reason, and I was trying to help and see if there was anything weird going on with strategies or guns or anything. It sounded like an ordeal.

Turns out, it was pretty much just the silly stuff like you said, Midnight. I mean, half the time I died before the first round. Ultimately, we kicked that guy's BUTT. The last run when we finally did everything right we downed him in one and a half auras. One of the best runs of that guy I've ever done. And, we were all like 306s.

Congrats!

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 10:19 (3065 days ago) @ Mid7night

My hunter is almost up there (Light Level wise) so it won't be long before I can start raiding from someones backpack.

A new level of heartbreak...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 15:52 (3065 days ago) @ Mid7night

Jumped in with Peaksutah, Vortech, and the rest of their group to take a crack at the Heroic mode challenge with one of my alts last night. There were a few bumps in the road reaching the War Priest, but we got there eventually. After a few wipes on the Warpriest himself, we finally got a good run going. After 2 damage rounds, the boss was down to a sliver of health. We started the final attack round, and our buff-holder couldn't find an add to kill. "No problem", I thought to myself... "the buff will transfer to someone else and we'll finish this". Except it was a problem, because the buff transferred to me, and I had already held it on the previous attack round.

"That's a wipe" I said.

Nobody heard me.

The boss fell to the sound of cheers and congratulations... then a few puzzled comments, such as "did it work?" and "I don't think it worked!".

Then everyone realized what had happened, and the sadness hit. Such a bummer.

Still not as bad as when Kalamari died 7 seconds before we defeated Atheon on an otherwise successful Flawless Raider attempt ;)

by peaksutah, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:16 (3065 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yep "Crucial", that was pretty horrible! Wish we would've heard you. I work in the same office as 2 people from the raid group. We had a good laugh discussing our mistake this morning.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 19:42 (3065 days ago) @ peaksutah

Yep "Crucial", that was pretty horrible! Wish we would've heard you. I work in the same office as 2 people from the raid group. We had a good laugh discussing our mistake this morning.

Heh, it was a great time. Last night is just another example of those times when Destiny kicks my butt so hard that I need to come back for more :)

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:17 (3065 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ouch!!!

I am sorry to hear that. I think our best option tomorrow (hope you come!) is if we are doing JUST warpriest, to get the checkpoints for our alts. Get him, then while we have the pattern down, get him again. Hypothetically we could do all 3 alts in an hour. If only..

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 16:44 (3065 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Ouch!!!

I am sorry to hear that. I think our best option tomorrow (hope you come!) is if we are doing JUST warpriest, to get the checkpoints for our alts. Get him, then while we have the pattern down, get him again. Hypothetically we could do all 3 alts in an hour. If only..

That works for me!

always dupe a checkpoint on alts when running challenges

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 20:21 (3065 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Yeah, if you're a wuss. ;)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 03, 2015, 20:29 (3065 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

I've suffered far too much on the Totems to not do this...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, December 03, 2015, 20:52 (3065 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Get better teammates, IMO.

by ProbablyLast, Friday, December 04, 2015, 05:57 (3064 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread