Played Solo, got all bounties, not that good. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 01, 2016, 19:21 (3032 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The situation I ran into certainly won't happen to everyone. It was partially a result of bad luck and timing. But it frustrates me because it is a completely foreseeable situation that is needlessly frustrating. Bungie has gone out of their way to make IB approachable for teams and solo players, and I think they've done a really good job of it overall. I also think that if I sat down with Luke Smith or Lars Bakken and said "dude, I played 2 hours of Iron Banner and didn't make an inch of progress towards my rep or bounties", they would say "woah, that's not supposed to happen. What caused it?".

I agree with you here. But I still don't think it's the bounties fault, I think of bounties as an above and beyond way of getting rep and other good things. What needs to be changed in your case is how IB gives rep. You should get something if you lose 10+ times in a row, even if it's pity rep.

I think the problem you run into there is that AFKers can put the controller down, screw their team, and still gain rep. I bet that is at least part of the reason Bungie didn't go with that kind of system.

AFKers really are the worst, aren't they :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread