Think of it this way (Off-Topic)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 08, 2016, 16:46 (2992 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Agreed. A linear beginning to end film just doesn't feel like it fits VR very well. I do like the idea of reliving events, even in the back rows. If the tracking was good enough everyone around you could stand forcing you to stand too as you tried to keep the band in view... that sort of thing. I do think a well produced and executed VR FMV-ish game could be cool though.

On FPS, I think maybe you're being a bit too restrictive mainly since I've never actually climbed an FPS ladder or picked up a gun and really I'm pretty happy with not having to do those things. Another good point my brother made the other day was separating out the look from the movement is actually a decent bonus to things like the "ultra realistic" FPS games like ARMA or DayZ or whatever. Where with traditional controls your character has to spin on a turntable when prone to look around and such big movements can draw game ending fire but using head tracking or full VR googles can let you keep watch on a much larger field of view without giving yourself away with extra movement

Anyway, I thought you might like to comment on that article, so thanks for the replies. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread