Farming Crimson Doubles Loot... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 20:48 (2997 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sure you're not in it because you'd look like a fool yet again for coming back in with your tail between your legs like you did last time? ;)

I didn't feel like a fool at all.

But back on topic, this must be prevalent given that there is an article about it. And yeah, it's caused by people valuing loot over the experience. If you only give it out for winners, then bad players don't get the ghost and people complain. If you give it out for anyone, then playing doesn't matter does it?

Trials sort of works like this, as losing only gets you Passage coins (which does provide you with some incentive to lose if you're short on them and want to restock, which is a whole 'nother can of worms). Like I said, a minimal (but existing) chance of loot would have remedied this.

This problem is the whole "suicide in Trials for the Gold package" issue all over again, but on a more lucrative scale.
Surely somebody should have foreseen this, but alas...

I think the fact that it has an article will exacerbate the problem more than it brought it to light, but it's all the same in the end.

The solution given the situation is a skill based matching algorithm for the playlist, with rewards only going to the winners.

Sure might be the quick solution, if it's addressed at all (given that it's a one-week event).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread