But they ARE looking it up. (Off-Topic)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, February 12, 2016, 16:45 (2998 days ago) @ dogcow

Barq's totally bites. It's fine as a unique diversion, but as a staple root beer it's terrible.

I have very strong opinions on most staple brands of various styles of pops. But when it comes to root beer I'm about as open minded as you can get. Barq's is alright, A&W is better. The true beauty of root beer comes when you start finding artisan brands that have their own take on things. It's much like the various boutique breweries that produce amazing beers that will never make it to mass market.

Funny story. Back in high school I decided to try making my own root beer. I went through the whole process of making the syrup and bottling the root beer in some 2-liter bottles. At some point in the fermentation/carbonation process things went horribly wrong. I was sitting at our kitchen table having dinner with my parents when all of the sudden I heard what I believed to be gunshots nearby. Turns out the gunshot noises were 2-liters of hand made root beer exploding in the basement. The basement smelled like an alcohol and root beer for what seemed like months. Talk about a PITA to clean up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread