Makes sense. (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, February 12, 2016, 21:20 (3003 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Fortunately, I think that here are other significant downsides (besides exclusivity) to PC gaming that justify my owning a console. It's just less hassle.

They are getting closer and closer. You have to install console games now. You need to download day 1 patches now. You have to worry about disk space. You need to have an internet connection at all times for some games.

I decided to dip my toe back in to PC gaming last month... loaded up my Surface Pro 3 with a few games. Spent my first hour with Splinter Cell Blacklist experimenting with different combinations of resolution/texture/lighting settings to get it to run well, before finally just resigning myself to the fact that it won't play as smooth or look as good (on my PC) as it did on the 360.

PC gaming is definitely not my thing :-/

I actually own two copies of that game on PC (in addition to my 360 copy). I re-bought the game on Steam after picking it up on Uplay, because Uplay's patching methodology was so INCREDIBLY infuriating and nonsensical:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread