Devil's advocate (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 12, 2016, 22:44 (3003 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I understand what you're saying, but I don't really understand the mentality. Bottom line is you're getting a free game. If someone is worried about things like this, he can always just sell is Xbox One and invest in his PC.

It's been pretty common lately that "exclusive" actually means "console exclusive." And I think this is a great move that Microsoft should take all the way. They've been trying to make one large ecosystem across Windows and Xbox for years now; they should just double down and do it and make all of their first party titles work on Xbox and Windows 10. In that case, I don't think they would continue to make one $60 purchase cover both versions (although that would be amazing), but they could probably offer a strong discount for those that already one version switching to the other.

This isn't a bad thing no matter how you look at (unless you're the one person that literally bought an Xbox One only because you thought that was the only way to play it; I don't think there's many of those folks out there). This is a great thing, and one I hope that MS really goes all the way with.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread