"Korny was right all along." -Cody Miller (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 13, 2016, 00:01 (3003 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So.... Basically what I've told you since day 1? That grinding to Max Light is not important?

That's not correct. It was very important to get max light until Taken King.

Not only was it not very important (No event has ever required you to be Max Light), but I continued to tell you long after TTK. Can't twist this one about, since you're still saying that you've been complaining since September, and only now realize that you were wrong all along.

Every time you've said that an event is pointless "because you don't get 320 Light" stuff, I've told you that it doesn't matter, and shouldn't be what drives your decision to partake in events (Nightfall, Iron Banner, etc.).

As others have pointed out, it is possible to want to get 320 weapons and armor so that you can ascend shit. Even if you don't care about hitting 320, 320 items are very handy if you want to make your 280 legendary weapon useful in a fight, or ascend armor with your favorite perks / style so you can look cool without being weak. But nobody is using their ghost to ascend anything. Think for two seconds. Wanting 320 items does not necessarily mean you care about hitting 320 light.

So you acknowledge that you were whining, and are essentially still whining despite the fact that you said that the very thing that you are whining about isn't important.

Think for two seconds, you aren't required to get 320 anything to ascend other stuff. Have a 280 weapon? Use a 290 weapon to ascend it. Use a 300 weapon to ascend it. Raid drops are all 300+, but you don't need anything at 320. I use >300 gear all the time in Trials and Raids. Hard Mode raid is doable as a 311 (And I was able to get my Titan to 308 in under a week with current drop rates).

And now we're all getting 320 Ghosts for doing Crimson Doubles. Well, everyone except you, since you're gone until bigger content is out and getting 320 gear doesn't matter to you. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread