Pointless unless is it accessible IN GAME, like grimoire (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 16, 2016, 11:09 (2910 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Kermit, Monday, May 16, 2016, 11:29

Am I the only person who still thinks it was the right call not to have matchmaking in game for raids?

For the raids, yes I agree. Trials too. But I see no reason for leaving out matchmaking for nightfalls and challenge of elders.

I don't either, except maybe to encourage people to get with the program and find/make friends who play Destiny. I've become more convinced of the virtual bar theory of Destiny. It's a place to hang with friends--everything else is secondary.

I still don't think those who want it for six-player activities get it, and that includes friends of mine. I try to set up a raid with them, and they're like, yeah, I might be on tonight, and I'm thinking, yeah, well, the people who say they WILL be on will get your seat. These same people have no expectation that if, say, they show up at a volleyball court whenever they feel like it, a team will magically appear at the push of a button. Let's say everyone could join a team of randoms with matchmaking, that means they'll leave the moment it seems tougher than they think it should be. Easy come, easy go. They're only there for the loot. They're not there for you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread