I think mandatory matchmaking in PvE is bad. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, May 16, 2016, 14:43 (2910 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

But I also think that, if it is possible, all PvE activities should have optional matchmaking.

I wouldn't use it for raids, but if a bunch of people want to subject themselves to that misery, go for it. LFGs are already mostly awful, at least you won't have to hear them talk.

Not being able to talk during a raid sounds awful.

I bet some of my regular raid partners long for the days when I didn't talk ;)

Heh - Kermit's right, you're a special case. (Well, maybe not about people longing for silence; I know PLENTY of people who fit THAT mold. :) )

I seriously can't remember a KF raid where the ability to communicate ("4th Knight's Down", etc) wasn't critical. Without speech, you have to be able to watch EVERYTHING - and sometimes you can't.

Easy example (this actually happened): Oryx Challenge, I'm a Titan, with two jobs: I provide the Blessing bubble for the ogre shooters in the center, but I'm on Plate 2. This means I wait for Oryx to slam his fist, drop my bubble, and hightail it to the second plate - I'm almost always supposed to be up pretty much as quickly as I can get there.

On one run, however, I drop my bubble and sprint towards the platform, leap into the air with the expectation of hearing "One Up" from behind me... when I hear "Oops, missed the jump - One is not up!"

I had to turn in midair and land on the ground in order not to spawn platforms and ogres in the wrong order. Had Plate 1's person not been able to speak, that would have been a guaranteed wipe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread