The "negative nancy" answer (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 23:00 (2908 days ago) @ cheapLEY

All that said, I think there is plenty of potential in there somewhere... the Gunsmith could certainly be worked into the game in interesting ways in the future. For example, what if the prototype weapons functioned like true prototypes: Awesome and creative new features, but they don't always work quite right. A rocket launcher with a DEVASTATING payload, but once in a while a projectile will fail to detonate. A new machine gun that has a super-fast reload, except that it jams every now and then.

I'm all for the Gunsmith prototypes being creative and with major drawbacks that allow them to be fun and maybe even a bit OP at times, but misfiring rockets and jamming weapons sounds absolutely terrible and unfun. If it happened too often, it'd be really annoying and not fun. If it didn't happen often enough, there wouldn't be a point to it happening at all. And let's not forget that most people would just be confused that their gun isn't working.

The Gunsmith should be revamped for sure, with crazy weapons. But misfiring, jamming weapons shouldn't even be on the table in my opinion.

Those specific "drawbacks" might be bad examples, but I do think it would be cool to have gunsmith prototypes that "go wrong" in some hilarious way. These aren't weapons that we earn or are invested in... We pick them up, take them out on patrol for 15 minutes to complete a bounty, then scrap them. There's room for Bungie to have some silly fun there in ways they don't with the rest of the game. Of course these ideas would be problematic for PvP, but what else is new ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread