You can control what you get from faction rank up packages (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, June 27, 2016, 03:25 (2858 days ago)

If your inventory is full when you go to open a faction reward, you will be unable to redeem the reward if it is for that slot. Backing out and speaking to the faction representative again will present you with a new, rerolled faction package.

As a result, you can dictate which slots you get faction items for by filling your inventory for all other slots and just backing out and rerolling until you get an item for the slot you want.

Example: I want a longbow synthesis from Lord Shaxx. If I rank up with crucible and then fill my inventory for primary weapons, heavy weapons, ghosts, helmets, gloves, chests, boots, and class items, and have empty space only in the secondary weapon inventory area, then I can guarantee I will receive a secondary weapon, greatly increasing my chance to pull a longbow. If I talk to shaxx and the reward package is for a different item slot, it will be greyed out and I'll be unable to accept it. Backing out and talking to him again will reroll for a different slot, and doing this repeatedly will eventually roll you a reward for the only category of item you have room for. In my example: A secondary weapon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread