Wish to upgrade from the awful Xbone controller? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 05, 2016, 17:18 (2878 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Kermit, Tuesday, July 05, 2016, 17:47

Still not as good as a Dualshock 4, but very nice overall.

I've finally been converted. I absolutely love the DS4. The Xbox One controller feels awkward in my hands now. ):

The Xbone controller is the first time a "first party" controller has felt like one of those cheap Madcatz alternatives that always breaks. It lacks the superior sticks and form-fitting shape the 360 pad had... not to mention the player # Indicator lights. and don't get me started on the bumpers/"triggers".

Wow, just shows how subjective this is. To me, Playstation controllers have always felt like cheap Madcatz relative to Xbox controllers.

Recently my gadget that enables me to use the Elite with the PS4 stopped working (temporarily, I hope. Hoping a firmware reset fixes things), and I switched back to the DS4, and the difference is dramatic. Perfectly fine once you adjust and much better than the DS3, which always felt awkward to me.

The DS4 is like a 360 pad, but they fixed the d-pad and added a headphone/mic jack. Also, typing with Motion controls is soooo much better than with a d-pad/analogue stick.

Who types? I use Siri for 95% of my console messaging needs.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread