Ah (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 07, 2016, 18:03 (2876 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Kermit, Thursday, July 07, 2016, 18:13

Eh, I feel like I'm getting the full $150 out of my Elite. I'm barely playing PS4 as it is, though I wouldn't completely blame the controller for it.

I think it's worth it, too, and not really overpriced when compared to similar third-party options, which, it should be said, don't have the advantages that come from being integrated like a first-party product can be.

I think the price is fine when looking at it on its own merits--it's probably worth the money from a quality standpoint. But when you can get a complete Xbox One and controller for literally an extra hundred dollars, it seems like it's stupidly expensive. I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet MS's profit margins on the Elite controller are absolutely ridiculous and that we are getting raked over the coals from that point of view. At certain point, though, that doesn't really matter--MS is under no obligation to shrink it's profit margin and if the product is worth the money for a large amount of people, then that's the free market in action.

I've used one and loved it, but I still can't justify spending $150 on a controller when the Day One controller I have from launch still works completely fine. If I needed a new controller, I might consider spending the extra money for an Elite, but even then, I doubt it.

You could've paid $120 yesterday! I can understand that still may not seem worth it for something you don't really need.

For me it boiled down to quality of life. I can't afford the best of everything, but I can splurge on small things that affect me every day. And after I held the thing--I mean, wow! It is SOLID.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread