I think I have a problem . . . (Games you play too much) (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 11, 2016, 00:47 (2853 days ago)

I just finished my second play through of The Witcher 3. It took me 87 hours to play through the base game and the Blood and Wine expansion.

My problem is that I've still only done about half of the available content (in the form of side quests) in the game, after two times through it. Unlike many typical RPGs you might have played, The Witcher 3's sidequests are truly great, and as good as the main story quests (a few are even much better!).

So, tonight, when I finished the Blood and Wine expansion, I immediately started a New Game +. I've got Dark Souls 3 only half finished, a basically untouched copy of Bloodborne, I've only played the first two levels of DOOM, I've still barely touched Dirt Rally or even Forza 6 (sorry, stabbim!). . . and I'm playing through The Witcher 3 yet again. I have not loved an RPG like this in a very long time. I've not been truly sucked in and felt like I was immersed in a fictional world like this since Morrowind. In case you didn't get the memo, if you have the time and inclination to really dive deep into a huge single-player video game, I implore you to give The Witcher 3 a shot.

At least some of you know the problem I've had buying games, trying to keep up with all the new releases. It feels truly refreshing to let that go. Besides a few games I'll talk about in a minute, The Witcher 3 is the only thing I've played in well nearly two months, and I'm likely to still be playing it in another month. I haven't played a game in this manner since high school.

The only other games I've played are Furi (which is great, but I've not played for more than an hour or so), and today I bought and played through Inside. Holy crap, that is an incredible game. I don't have a clue what the hell it's about or what any of it means, but man it's a great experience.

There's not much a point to this post, I suppose, besides telling you how much I love The Witcher 3. I had been contemplating jumping back into Destiny to do the Moments of Triump, but after looking at them, I realized I really just don't want to (Get all Calcified Fragments and grind out an Exotic Sword? Nah, I'll pass). I'd rather just play through The Witcher 3 again.

As an attempt to actually make this a discussion about something: What are you all currently playing, and when was the last time you were really absorbed into a game?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread