(GIFV) A Request or Two to DBO Admins. (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 28, 2016, 04:02 (2823 days ago)

So here's the deal.

Me and My efficiency obsessed ass have been working on a post. In this post I was going to use Imgur Gifv. Lots of Imgur Gifv. In the back of my head the mutterings of how inefficient Gifv was implemented bounced around, but I wanted to test it.

I did. WOW.

SO MUCH HANG TIME, BRO!

Knowing that this would have made Funkmons Internet explode, I wanted to see what it would take to create compress a .gif so that it would stay a .gif on Imgur - which is 2MB.

Oh Geez. >_<

The Result:

[image]

Here is the Original Imgur Gifv:

So Is the compressed result doable? Yea... I guess. And if the result of this post is No, It shall be what I use in the post I'm making.

But.

I mean.

COME - ON!

"We're in 2016" or something. (Is that what you kids say? I don't know. Whatever.)

So I asked my self if there is a better way. Keeping in mind I don't really understand much about APIs and Codey-Typey-Thingys, I think I "found*" a better alternative. (*Reddit)

Gfycat

Oh. And while I'm making requests can we can get Xbox DVR embed-able? That would be super cool too.

(Or we could skip all that and enable the ability to embed HTML like we could at HBO...
but I guess that is none of my business.)
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread