Initial Accuracy, Hand Cannons, and You [Video] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 19:18 (2801 days ago) @ dogcow

The other thing I noticed, and maybe I'm an idiot for not noticing sooner, is that the 2 little brackets on your HC's sight are actually showing your initially accuracy cone within ideal range. So if you ADS at a target and their head does not completely fill those little brackets, your shot can miss even though you're within ideal range. Personally, I never look at those brackets; I look at the little dot in the center of the sight. Turns out that dot is completely useless. I wonder how much confusion could have been avoided if HCs didn't have that pinpoint dot in the middle of their sights?

When the big "ghost bullet" debate erupted I wondered about those brackets. I wasn't sure if it was just the sights I had selected for my current HC, or if it did actually represent the cone in some way. Good to know it does! Yes, I think removing the dot would have better communicated the cone to users, much like the circle does for the Halo 1 Hand Cannon.

I'd always thought those brackets represented the extent of bloom's impact on my accuracy. So the dot was where bullet would go if I paced my shots, but if I spammed the trigger the bullet could go anywhere within the brackets.

Nope! lol

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread