Your trade money for time, not RNG bypass (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 16:14 (2785 days ago) @ Earendil

Maybe I'm missing something. As a non paying player I can easily acquire a radiant treasure every week. RNG on the content still applies.
Alternatively, I can buy a radiant treasure with money, and afaik the same RNG applies.

You pay to not have to wait, or not have to play as much.
So, I can understand if still dealing with RNG makes things more expensive than some people would like, but remember that you're paying to bypass time, nothing else.

With 100% Perfect RNG on your side it will take you 22 weeks of playing in order to get every weapon skin currently in the game. That's a long time, but theoretically you can get everything in that amount of time.

we currently have a few options for these ornaments:
- one per week per account as a reward for doing the weekly crucible playlist
- purchase a radiant treasure for $2 (200 Silver)
- Buy from Xur with silver dust (don't remember the cost)

The best case scenario currently for the quickest method to get all of the ornaments is you could have bought 21 packages ($42) and gotten the other one via your rewards package. Since RNG is pretty horrific over the course of destiny in order to get what you want, this case will 99.9% never happen. It's a statistical anomaly if that would actually happen.

When you add in RNG for getting the ornaments of iron also, the progress just gets pushed out even more.

The other problem with these packages is that these items are one time use only. you dismantle something... then too bad. No silver dust, no returning of the ornament to the vault..... nothing. That money you spent for cosmetic stuff is now null and void with nothing to show. It's simply money down the drain (even more than before with buying packages)

This whole system shows a complete lack of respect for the players time/money by continually forcing multiple levels of RNG on a person in order to get an item in game.

If they insist on keeping RNG for these, then they could add an in game system to allow you a chance to reroll your ornament. 1 Ornament + 3 legendary marks per reroll would be acceptable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread