I find this thread fascinating. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, October 09, 2016, 16:50 (2781 days ago) @ Avateur

On the one hand, rowboat's video is heartbreaking - the 10 seconds of screwing around at the beginning literally makes the difference between opening the chest and not, and my heart goes out to the folks who were playing.

On the other hand, there IS a timer, there always HAS been a timer (though it's not always known how long it is, because someone has to actually time it, and nobody really cares, and it changes every raid), so while it's true that not warning the player (who, differently from all raids before, might be doing something other than dancing at the end of the regular raid) that the timer is coming to an end, it IS their fault for missing the chest; there WAS plenty of time, they simply wasted a bunch of it.

Seems to me, in this case, that an easy solution would have been to turn off the timer when the locked door was opened. You've stepped away from the raid at that point - why should you be subject to the raid timer any more? (You're exploring, at that stage. As though you were on Patrol.)

Would still screw people who were 7l seconds SLOWER than this team (7 seconds slower, and they'd have hit the timer before they unlocked the door)... but that's more justifiable, at least in my head.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it - there's nothing behind the door except the chest, so it's fine the way it is. I guess.

And now we all know, which is cool, so (probably) nobody from around here will make this mistake again. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread