Easter Eggs (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 17:06 (2683 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Are there even any easter eggs in Destiny? Halo had a bunch, but I can only think of one (bones in loot cave) in Destiny.

Are there others? Refresh my memory.

There's quite a few:

• The random Guardian in stasis your Ghost comments on at the top of the colony ship in the Cayde's Stash mission seems pretty out of place and might be one.
  • Various people say silly things over the Tower's PA system. Most are just amusing in-world stuff but there's a few actual Easter eggs among them like "Blame Stosh" and something about "...serving your mom since 1991..."
  • The Amusment Sphere, Soccer Ball and Servitor Ball might be considered minor Easter eggs.
  • Randal the Vandal returns as Rahndel Perfected in Wrath of the Machine.
  • There were those 7 coins hidden around the Tower. Like up in the trees and stuff. Someone won a prize or something for being the first to screenshot them all.
  • The Tower fan and the Iron Temple's mancannon fire are kinda Easter eggs.
  • That you can scale the Iron Temple's mountain peak is not at all obvious at first.
  • There's some clever messages hidden by a UI designer in hex code on the edges of the main screen of the Director.
  • Many of the gun names are references to various movies, books, sci-fi concepts,etc. My favorite was probably "TFWPKY 1969."
  • During the last Festival of the Lost, there were those converging shadows in the Reef that merged to form a representation of Oryx on the floor.
  • There's Skori's Song which can be played on the Iron Temple's bells for an achievement.
  • The MIDA Multi-tool might be a subtle reference to the MIDA terrorist group that, in Marathon's universe, briefly overthrew the UEG on Mars.
  • There's the bianary code on Rasputin's terminals and the scrolling coded messages on various displays on multiple Crucible maps.

Probably some other stuff to that I'm forgetting.

Good list, thanks. Some of those I'd definitely consider easter eggs.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread